Prologue

Darkness. Running. Heart beating fast. Where am I? The long, dark road I'm running down comes to an end, and I'm standing at a house. My childhood home to be exact. It begins to rain and all the lights flicker off. Why did all the lights go out? Momma is standing near the front door with her friend and I see a man walking towards them. They don't see him coming. He has a gun! No, no, no, this can't be happening.

"Momma!" I try screaming but nothing comes out. The man approaches, raising the gun and shooting momma's friend. Now the gun is pointed at her. I scream, and yet again nothing comes out. I hear the gun go off and see her fall. I'm trying to run to her but it's like I'm running in slow motion. Grabbing her, I wrap her in my arms, begging her to stay with me. Please don't leave me now momma.

"Why did you do this? What gave you the right to take my momma away from me?" I say looking up to the almost unrecognizable man.

"She got what she deserved, what was coming to her. Now it's your turn."

The gun is now pointing at me and I am frozen in fear. Would he really do this to me? Someone he is suppose to love and take care of. I look into his eyes to see nothing but coldness and hatred staring back at me. His hand tightens on the gun and I know this is the end. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you momma.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I ask trying to figure all this out.

"You always chose her over me, loved her more than me. I was never enough for you. Now you can both be together forever." He smirks and pulls the trigger.

"Noooo." I shoot up out of bed, sweat pouring off my body.

These nightmares are becoming more graphic and are starting to come more frequent. The closer it gets to the anniversary of her death, the worse they are becoming. I drag myself out of bed to get a glass of water before going back to my room. I climb back into bed, settling back in, hoping I can get some sleep. Maybe I won't dream for the rest of the night. Maybe just maybe, I can forget about all of this if only for a while.

*******************************************************************

Well there it is the prologue of my newest book. Hope you like it and will stick with me through it all. Let me know what y'all think so far and don't forget to vote.

All the love. M