Hello, Old Friend

~~~~~~5 Years Later~~~~~

"God damn it, I freaking dropped this child's popsicle. She's going to have a fit." Simone mutters to herself, shaking her head and sighing.

She picks up the packaging and walks back into the Children's Museum. Throwing the popsicle remnants in the trash can closest.

She's tired as hell but, whatever Miyah wants, Miyah gets. Even if that means waking up early as hell to go to the museum and see the butterfly exhibit.

She sets off in search of her child, effectively having gotten lost in this maze of a building.

"Simone!?!" She hears a surprised yell behind her and the hairs on the back of her neck stand up.

She freezes in the spot she's in, not wanting to turn around and face reality. She knows the voice all too well and she thought she had left it in her past. Foolish of her to think so.

"I know you hear me! Simone Hicks?!?!" The voice yells, loud enough to be considered a disturbance.

Simone musters up the courage to turn around and face the music. Grabbing the strap of the bag she has on her shoulder as if it's an anchor, tethering her to this spot.

"Olivia? Oh my God." She says, smiling in spite of how weird this is for her.

Being face to face with the girl, now woman, who was her best friend is giving her all kinds of nostalgia. Nostalgia she doesn't want to unpack right now.

Olivia Baker is still just as beautiful as ever. And though there are so many feelings coursing through her, she's glad to see her.

"Oh my God Simone, come here." Liv says, stepping forward to cocoon her in a hug. Simone returns it, its still familiar, even though she hasn't seen her in years.

"How have you been?" Olivia asks, taking a step back, giving Simone space, for which she is grateful.

"I'm doing well, you know, finished with school. Working. What about you?" Simone asks, pushing the focus off of her.

"I've been great. I'm a art teacher now. Spencer and I are still together. He got drafted so, I'm also an NFL girlfriend. Bit of a culture shock." Olivia answers, lost in thought. Simone hears a kid yell and it reminds her of where she's at and who she's with.

"That's great you two were thick as thieves back then. Soulmates was written all over the two of you." Simone answers, plastering on her best smile but also scanning the room behind Liv to make sure Miyah isn't coming.

"Awww, that's so sweet. I love him to death." Liv shares.

"What are you doing here?"

"At a Children's Museum? I teach art so I'm just canvassing for inspiration on whatever I want the students next project to be." Liv answers honestly, her head tilted to the side, clearly debating something.

"Oh, okay. So you moved back to LA?" Simone asks, trying to gather information on how concerned she should be.

She's also still hoping like hell she will make it out of this conversation without anything major happening.

"Oh yeah, we're currently living in the old house until our place is ready."

"Ohhhh, okay, that's cool."

"What about you, why are you at a Children's Museum?" Olivia asks and just as Simone is about to come up with a story a voice pipes up behind her.

"Come back here!" She hears Lando yell and a giggle from her little girl.