Stolen Truths

Author's Note: Surprise! Didn't make y'all wait too long this time. Buckle up! She's a hefty one. So, enjoy! And don't hate me too much at the end. 🤭

---------------------------------------------------------

-Flashback-

They're in the Baker's kitchen. Simone is helping Liv put up the dishes, after they cooked.

Spencer stepped out and Jordan is gone so they're free to talk as they normally would.

"How you holding up? I know this has been wild for you." Liv asks.

"Uh, I'm trying." She answers.

"I'm glad." Liv says, drying the glass in her hand.

"I'm doing my best. I'm trying not to be angry at him. Because time has passed but, it's hard, being around him."

"Baby steps. But, you'll get there. And it's not like there's any other option but for you two to be adults about your personal situation. Eventually." Liv says absent-mindedly.

Simone feels like a cold bucket of ice water has been thrown atop her head.

"I remember." She says.

"When are you going to tell him?" Liv asks.

She takes a second, quietly considering Liv's question.

"When I'm ready."

"Yeah, well, I think the time has approached. I want you to do it before time does it for you." Liv responds.

"And what other reason?" Simone asks.

"Aside, from the fact that I want Miyah to get to know him?"

"Yes. Lay it out there." Simone prompts.

"Simone, his first day back here he picked up Miyah's doll off the floor. And instead of being able to be honest, I had to lie to him."

"I'm sorry." Simone says, feeling awful.

"I've learned that I don't like lying to him because I never do. And I would really love it if my best friend took the leap of faith because, I'll always be there to support her." Liv says, looking at Simone intensely, making sure she gets the implication.

"Okay. Liv, I promise, he and I are going to have the conversation." She says.

And at that moment Jordan announces himself. Per usual the hairs on the back of her neck stand up and her heart rate increases.

She hates how her body reacts to him being in her vicinity. It's like a form of betrayal.

She wonders how much he's heard though. Can't be too much seeeing as he isn't pissed off.

When Liv suggests he walks her out in Spencer's place, she gets nervous.

Standing out beside the car is awkward yet familiar.

And when he asks her about being friends she's doubtful that they'll truly fix their issues but, she tells him that maybe one day they'll at least be cordial.

Now is the perfect opportunity for her to confess. It's just him and her but, as soon as she ready to say the words, she freezes. Something prohibiting her from telling him.