ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣

Tuk peeked under the tent with Kiri sitting next to her, and Kalani pacing back and forth behind them.

"This Quaritch thing whatever he is will find out what he knows!"

It was rare to hear Jake and Neytiri argue, simply because the two had been such a power couple that no one had thought such a thing existed.

Neteyam and Lo'ak snuck up, Kiri motioning for them to be quiet as Lo'ak sat with them and Neteyam wrapped Kalani gently in a standing hug to calm her shaken nerves.

"I cannot! You cannot ask this." Neytiri disagreed. She paced the room.

"I cannot leave my people, I will not."

"He's hunting us!" Jake retorted. "He's targeting our family."

"You cannot ask this!" Neytiri snapped. "The children! Everything they've ever known! The forest! This is our home!" She glared.

"Our children, Kalani, he had them under his knife." Jake explained.

Kalani flinched hearing her name, fighting back tears and the feeling of being useless in that moment. She looked down at her feet, hugging Neteyam tighter. Neteyam rubbed her arms affectionately, pulling her closer.

Neytiri grabbed her bow, "My father gave me this bow as he laid dying! He said protect the people!" She held back a sob.

"You're Toruk Makto!"

"This will protect the people! Quaritch has Spider! That kid knows everything!He knows our entire operation!" Jake tried explaining.

"If the people harbor us, they will die." Jake said softly. Neytiri held back tears.

"Do you understand?" His voice faltered.

"Look...I've got nothing." His voice cracked. "I've got no plan...but I can protect this family...that I can do!" He walked towards her slowly as she stared at her bow in utter disbelief.

"But I know one thing.." He held her hand gently in his as they locked hands. "Wherever we go, this family is our fortress."

Neytiri sniffed, now hugging her mate while crying. Jake pulled her in closer, sighing softly into her shoulder.

<-------------------------------->

"Where is Jake Sully?"

"I don't know!" Spider screamed now hooked up to a psychological torture device.

"We know that you know." The General spoke standing in front of a tablet controlling the device.

"I don't know!" Spider snapped.

"Anything you want to show us? Any floating mountains?" The General pressed. "Any thought that you have will appear right in front of us."

"You're going to have to kill me!" Spider defiantly screamed.

"It's not gonna stop until you give us something." Annoyance clear in the General's voice. "Where is he?"

"I don't know!" Spider screamed in pain. "You assholes listen to me! I don't know!"

Quaritch walked up to the machine, now shutting it down. Spider took in deep breaths as blood ran down from his nose.

"Uh General, allow me to try the personal approach." He whispered over to the woman.

"He's not your son." The General snapped before walking away.