ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

"I wish I'd been there." Kiri smiled, leaning closer to the group as Lo'ak told his story.

"The ocean blessed you with a gift, Lo'ak." Kalani smiled. Even though she was extremely upset with him yesterday, she came to terms with herself and realized as long as he's alive, she wouldn't need to hold bitterness.

"The Tulkun have not returned yet, and anyway no Tulkun is ever alone." Aonung crossed his arms as he leaned on a tree.

"This one was." Lo'ak explained. "He had a missing fin, like a stump, on his left side." He gestured to his hand being cut off.

It then dawned on Tsireya.

"Payakan." She looked at her brother. "It's Payakan." She said with worry.

"Who's Payakan?" Kiri asked.

"A young bull who went rogue, he's outcast, alone, has a missing fin." Rotxo explained.

Tsireya looked at Lo'ak, "They say he is a killer."

"No-" Lo'ak denied.

"He killed Na'vi and other Tulkun." Aonung explained.

"Not here, but far to the south."

"No- he's no killer." Lo'ak defended.

"Lo'ak, you are lucky to be alive." Tsireya tried comforting him.

"I'm telling you guys, he saved my life! He'smy friend.."

"My baby bro-" Neteyam stood up offering a joking glance to his friends, family, and Kalani. He placed his hands on his brother's shoulders with a grin.

"The mighty warrior who faced the killer Tulkun and lived to tell the tale."

"You guys aren't listening." Lo'ak shrugged his brother off and stood up.

"I'm listening, Lo'ak!" Tuk answered as he walked away.

"Lo'ak, come back.." Kalani called after her best friend who didn't even spare a glance. She turned to the group with a glare.

"Why do you look at us like that?" Tsireya asked calmly.

"Because you all know better-" Kalani stood up. "Lo'ak has it hard enough, the least you all could have done was just listen-"

"I was listening!" Tuk pouted.

"It doesn't hurt to be sensitive to one's feelings- Lo'ak's obviously telling us the truth, Eywa has sent him a guardian, a protector, only for you all to shut him down." She turned towards Neteyam.

"Your brother is alive and well, do not treat him as the same outcast that they-" She motioned towards the three water Na'vi.

"-treat Payakan." With that she dove into the water to follow Lo'ak.

"You shxawng." Kiri comments to Neteyam. Neteyam frowned as the girl disappeared after Lo'ak, Tsireya mirrored his exact expression.

<-------------------‐----‐---->

"Payakan!" Lo'ak called out, looking across the open waters as he rode on his Ilu.

"Payakan!"

"Lo'ak!" Lo'ak snapped his head to the direction is name was called.

"Kalani? What are you doing here?"

"I knew you'd go after Payakan." She grinned. "I decided I'd leave the idiots and meet the savior of my best friend...while keeping you out of trouble." She swam up to him with her skimwing.

"Me going pass the reef is trouble." Lo'ak pointed out. "And now you're pass the reef."

Kalani shrugged, "Can't always be 'The Blessed Child of Eywa' now can I?" She raised a brow with a smile giggle.