Chapter 2

Liam•

The fatal event had happened nearly three weeks ago.

Our lives had seemed to pass rather slowly.

But how could they not?

He was our joy, our bundle of bright yellow happiness.

But Niall meant much more to us than a band mate.

He was our brother.

Sophia and I were casually strolling through the park with Loki when I received Gemma's text.

It had been quite a long time since I saw Harry. He took the accident much harder than anyone else in the band's family. We couldn't really speak to the lad without him breaking down in shameful tears. I had hoped that Harry was getting somewhat better but by the looks of his sister's words he seemed almost worse since the last time we visited.

I doubt that Soph would mind me spending a couple days up in Holmes Chapel. I have been spending the majority of my break with her anyway.

We walked hand in hand down the narrow path, enjoying every aspect that nature was giving us. The light brightly shined through the branches of trees every shape and size, creating a shimmering effect which set my mind in a complete peaceful state.

My phone buzzed for the second time, this time because of Louis. He had just notified Gemma that he would be attending this get together and was leaving his place soon.

I had seen Louis just last Tuesday for a brief writing session discussing our hopes for the new album. Although Niall may be presently absent from the band our fame had not stopped growing and the urge for a new album was even greater than before.

The second half of the OTRA Tour was approaching soon and I was a little reluctant to start rehearsals again.

It wasn't the same without my little brother.

Similar to Harry, I also felt somewhat guilty when I recall the terrible event. The only difference between us is that Harry lets the guilt affect his physical state while I tend to mask my pain towards the blonde.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I feel my girlfriend tug lightly at the hem of my shirt. I clear my thoughts and decide to inform her about tonight.

"Gemma invited Louis and I over to see Harry tonight." I tell my girlfriend while scratching the back of my neck.

"How's he doing?" Sophia asks me, concern laced in her eyes.

"Unfortunately, not that well." I answer while I focus on kicking a certain stone as we walk.

I am almost too distracted in my silly game to notice Sophia abruptly stop earning a whine from our dog.

I immediately turn around and raise my eyebrows in confusion.

"We need to get home quick so you can pack."

A smile creeps its way onto my face as I swing an arm over her shoulder as we walk in the opposite direction.

The car ride home is very quiet with occasional hums escaping Sophia's mouth. I recognize the familiar tune of Illusion and I suddenly feel an empty pit in the center of my stomach.

"Liam! Liam listen to the lyrics." I let out a chuckle as I watch my bubbly blonde friend jump up and down on the newly made hotel bed knowing that Paul will scold Niall the second he lays eyes on him.

"I been thinking about the nights and the dangerous tricks people play on the eyes of the innocent." The blonde sings in the tune I wrote earlier with Julian.

His blue eyes meet mine and l nod for him to continue.

"I can turn a lot of heart into broken breaks with smoke and mirrors disappearing right in front of them."

"But Niall! How could you ever think to do such a thing!!" I sarcastically reply as I slap my hands on the sides of my face in complete shock.

The blonde points an accusing finger at me while he tries to control his giggles.

"Shut up!"

"Continue."

"Well I dunno the chorus but the ending could go like this- So tell me you believe in love..."

"It's not an illusion." I sing finishing his incomplete verse.

"That's awesome- Illusion- Why didn't I think of that!?!" He quickly scratches the new lyrics in his journal, eyes wide and blue as the ocean.

"This is gonna be amazing Li!"

"It sure is Nialler."

"Li, the light turned green."

"Pardon?"

I see my girlfriend let out a burst of giggles as she points a perfectly painted finger to the traffic light which has now turned yellow.

"Oh, my bad." I sheepishly say before breaking into smile.

I press my foot on the gas pedal and continue to drive in silence until we reach our complex. I drop Sophia and Loki at the front door before pulling into the garage.

Once I turn the car off I lean back against my seat and I can no longer hold back my tears. This didn't happen often but when it did it was awfully painful. Angry tears stream down my face and I start to yell for Niall to return to me, to us. I start letting out the firm tension in my fists my punching the steering wheel. I lay there for what seems like eternity before exiting the car and walking straight into my bedroom before slamming the door.

"Liam! I was getting so worried."

Ah yes, I just now remembered I shared a bedroom and probably scared my girlfriend to death.

"I'm sorry- I just need to pack." I say before tearing every draw of my dresser open in frustration. I grab every article of clothing I can find before digging them into my small suitcase. Of course this plan is unsuccessful and results in me folding and sorting the bundled up clothing.

I give Sophia one last kiss and Loki a quick pat on his furry head before I exit my the house.

"Wait!"

"Yes my darling?"

"Bring Loki with you." I am about to object but before I can do so, a firing bundle is placed into my arms followed by his small travel bag containing basic essentials.

"Have a great time- go to some clubs- let loose! Oh and tell the boys I say hello." My girlfriend quickly bursts out while closing the door.

I let out a simple shrug and place the fury husky in the passenger seat. I walk to the other side of the car and hop in the drivers seat and turn the ignition on.

After driving a little over an hour on the freeway I sneak a look at Loki who is staring back at my with big solemn eyes.

"Don't look at me like that. I already deal bad enough- you don't have to make me guilty for anything else, yeah?"

I end up talking to myself and/or my dog for the length of the trip. It somehow provides comfort and let's the world fall off my shoulders.

I can't afford to let myself crack because right now I am the glue that holds this band together.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Hello readers!

What did you think of this chapter?

Liam's Pov was getting pretty deep

That flashback though

I was on the verge of tears while writing it

Yes Danielle and Liam bought Loki, but after they broke up Liam kept his furry friend

Stay tuned for next chapter- Louis's Pov

Vote. Comment. Spread the word.

-Lil🔱