Chapter 11

Liam•

The lads and I are performing in about an hour at Olympic Stadium in Finland. This is sadly our last concert in Europe for awhile but on the bright side, we are heading to America.

I am currently sitting on a very stiff couch that probably cost more than it's worth. We just finished rehearsals and are relaxing in our private dressing room. Correction Louis and I are relaxing while the younger lad paces back and forth behind the couch not knowing we can see him.

"Can you quit pacing, your freaking me out!" The older lad spits out only to receive a nervous glance from Harry.

"Sorry." The curly haired boy softly whispers but he's not too sincere because the second Louis turns back around, the younger lad continues his odd behavior.

"Can I help you Harry?" I ask him with uncertainty in my voice.

"Do you have anything sharper than kid scissors?" The younger lad asks avoiding eye contact, his voice sort of drifting at the end.

"Um I unfortunately don't." I reply raising an eyebrow because I am quite taken aback by his question.

"Ok I'm gonna take a walk." Harry says more like a question rather than a statement.

I frown in confusion after he exits the room and turn in the direction of the other lad.

"Do you think we should follow him?" I ask hoping for some advice regarding our odd behaving friend.

"Mate you can do that on your own." The older lad replies while slapping a firm hand on my shoulder before walking away.

After a few minutes of pure boredom I decide to search for the curly haired boy. I check the most obvious places including the bathroom, eating room, and lounge area. After finding no evidence of the younger lad I decide to explore the back part of the stage.

The area was quite similar to a maze which didn't help me accomplish nothing but walking in circles. I was growing rather frustrated after returning to the same corner for the fifth time when I felt something wet fall on my forehead.

I immediately wipe the liquid off my head with my finger only to find green paint. I lift my head to see a camera, most likely placed there for our investigation, tucked in the corner. The only odd part of this scene was that the lens was covered in thick green paint, ultimately preventing any recorded film to be scene.

My stomach felt uneasy the second I realized that Niall's captors were here. Only they would do such a thing in order to prevent discovery.

I wonder if he's here.

Anger boils in my blood as I viciously wipe the gooey substance off the lens until I can see my reflection. I run to the next corner and see an almost identical camera and start rubbing it clean.

"Stop!" A frantic voice screams and I turn around to face the familiar voice.

"Harry? I'm just helping the case." I respond trying to calmly reason with him but the second I see the paint bucket and brush in his hand I flip.

"Are you kidding me Harry! Are you mad! You're probably the reason we haven't found him yet!" I scream at the top of my lunges, rage and hatred laced in my eyes.

My eyes soften slightly when I see him collapse in sobs, muttering phrases I am unable to decipher. The younger lad runs his paint-covered hands in his hair, unknowingly creating vibrant green highlights in his roots. I rush over to his present spot before dropping to my knees next to him.

"I'm sorry Li," he chocks out while heavily breathing,"I know it looks bad but you have to trust me. Please repaint them."

As crazy as it sounds I obey knowing that Harry always has a good reason behind every action. He mutters a thank you after I finished his task. I give him a small smile before pulling him into our dressing room.

I gently push the curly haired boy onto the couch before sitting down on the table opposite to him.

"Care to explain."

"Well um- yesterday when I was gone I didn't really plan on being gone." His eyes meet mine and I nod, motioning for him to continue.

"These two guys- like big guys- grabbed me from the hallway and into their suite and asked me a bunch of questions I didn't have answers for and they let me go unscratched... but they told me to cut the tapes or else Niall would die."

I stay quite for a few minutes, trying to wrap my head around the information I was given. I can't believe these guys would have such a nerve to do such a thing.

"Liam?" The younger lad asked probably wondering if I was still following him.

"I believe you, it's just a lot to take in."

He places a hand on the end of my thigh before looking me straight in the eye.

"I don't want management to find out- they'll only make it worse and Niall won't make it out alive."

"I understand-" My reply was cut short by a knock on the door.

I immediately jump up from my sitting position on the table and quickly make my way to the closed door. Once I open the door I am surprised to find no one but I do find a little slip of paper. I pick up the scrap piece and immediately identify it as a receipt. To be perfectly honest I am not really surprised to find the familiar messy handwriting that belongs to our blonde friend.

Please keep management & police away. I want you guys to find me.

Until you find me,
Niall

I turn over the receipt to find today's date along with a time. I am in fact absolutely surprised and scared that the time was less than half an hour ago.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Surprise update because I love you guys!

What did you think of this chapter?

I decided to change the name to STOCKHOLM SYNDROME.

It made more sense than gone ever will.

Vote. Comment. Spread the word.

-Lil🔱