Chapter 3

Louis•

I could have sworn I saw him yesterday.

The brown hair kissed with blonde tips, the blue pools that possessed the depth of the deepest oceans.

The striped shirts topped with an old English hat.

The luxurious boots that signified being around Harry too much.

Everything was all too familiar to me.

I was seeing him everywhere.

"Louis! So great to see you again. It has been ages! Come in- Harry's in his room."

"Thank you Anne for the invitation. I sure hope Liam and I can brighten up that boy of yours." I say to Harry's mother followed by a few snickers escaping myself because never in my life had I ever been this polite.

I slip off my shoes and decide to take a short bathroom break before greeting Harry. Once I have entered the bathroom unnoticed I quickly turn the lock and walk to the sink. I focus on the details of my face as I take a long look in the mirror. My fingers trace over the stubble that coats my chin and upper lip. I cant remember the last time I've touched a razor. My hair has grown an inch or two since December and I make a mental note to have my hair trimmed before tour. I lastly look at my glowing eyes. I may seem quite chipper to most but my eyes scream the truth.

I've tried to enjoy myself at night clubs several days a week. I do succeed in having fun but the morning after hits me like a bullet to the head.

Niall used to join in on my midnight shenanigans and in the morning we'd retell the previous night's events in pure amusement.

I smile to myself as the joyous memories enter my thoughts. While I am standing in front of the sink and mirror I hear a faint sound of laughter. I swing the door open ready to embrace the blonde but my face falls when I see Liam instead.

"Tommo! How have you been?" The lad exclaims before wrapping his arms around my body.

I don't bother to respond because quite frankly I'm a wreck who can't keep his mouth shut.

"Lou, what's wrong?"

"Just thinking."

"About?"

"Him."

I am taken by surprise when I feel an arm wrap around my waist followed by the room turning sideways.

"Payno put me down!"

Instead of a proper response I am roughly thrown onto a plush couch that is coated with the sweet smell of cinnamon.

"Stay put while I get curly."

I simply shrug and don't bother to move from this surprisingly comfortable position. I hear a scream of protest from the second floor and I assume that Liam was greeted by a grumpy Harry. I wait a few minutes for them to return before I grow anxious.

Gem enters the room carrying Loki with an amused look plastered on her face.

"Well someone made themselves right at home."

"They sure did!" I reply in a ridiculously childish voice while holding out a thumbs up.

She places a fairly heavy box onto my lap and I stare at her in confusion. Gem carefully lifts the top off of the container and my eyes widen.

The container is filled with the band's mementos, mostly albums and videos.

"I thought you guys could watch this."

She lightly sets a movie case into my hands and I immediately read the label.

This Is Us

"Yeah, I think it's time. I mean he may be gone but there's no reason not to enjoy the memories we had, right?"

"Lou he's not gone- just presently absent."

She was right.

Niall was the top priority in the FBI's long list. The search parties were still in progress, even some unauthorized committees run by fans. Countless radio, television, and posters were made to find the blonde. But so far, no one has found any sign of the Irishman.

His disappearance is simply an enigma that is waiting to be solved.

"Hi Louis."

I turn my body to face the green eyed boy. Liam currently has an arm protectively wrapped around his waist almost as if he would collapse without any support. They both walk/shuffle to my present spot before engulfing me in a bear hug.

"I missed you guys."

"We missed you."

During the long span of the movie all three of us laughed, shed tears, and enjoyed the presence of one another. It had been practically a month since the last time together and I honestly could not be in a happier state.

We sang along to all of our songs- laughing when one of us messed up. Cried when Niall's dreaded solos and special parts in the movie came on. The three of us stayed quiet when Zayn's voice blasted through the speakers.

Losing two band mates at the same time took a toll on One Direction.

We stared at the Telly long after the credits stopped rolling. I enjoyed these precious moments of silence when reality is no where to be found. The smell of chicken pot pie filled the living room making our stomachs growl.

Over the short course of the afternoon, the Harry we know and love returned. Of course he was still hesitant most of the time but for us it was a start.

We took a short break from our relaxing movie day to enjoy the wonderful dinner Anne prepared. She was more than delighted to witness her son happy. Gem sneakily video taped the boys and I while we were dancing and singing while circling the dinner table.

Things were starting to seem alright in our lives.

I could feel Niall watching us with happy eyes from wherever he may be, but perhaps it was just my imagination.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hello fellow readers

What did you think of this chapter?

I didn't really like the start of this chapter but I ended up falling in love with it towards the end.

Harry, Liam, and Louis will be the main Pov in this story with an occasional Pov of minor characters.

I really would love to hear your input on my story so comment whenever and feel free to message me.

Vote. Comment. Spread the word.

-Lil🔱