Chapter 9

Louis•

"Louis listen to me! He was right there being tortured to death! We have to find him!" Liam exclaimed in my face before pacing back and forth in front of my bunk.

I don't know what had gotten into him. He's been a complete wreck ever since last night. Liam was the one who kept the band together in times of trouble, not the emotionally unstable one. I had tried without success to contact Sophia and explain her boyfriend's odd behavior.

"Li I don't know what happened last night, you were tired, you probably just imagined it, don't freak out on us." I said staring into his eyes while firmly grabbing his shoulders.

His eyes were laced with pain, sparked with guilt, and unsuccessfully hid his evident fear. His cheeks were a light shade of red that glistened with undried tears. I lowered my eyes to his trembling lips before lightly whispering in his ear.

"I'm the wrong person to talk to. You should call Soph, she'll understand what I can't."

Liam nodded in agreement before climbing into his bunk and grabbing his laptop.

In two days we were performing in Gothenburg, Sweden. Investigators had already scoured the stadium we would be playing at for notes. After discovering absolutely nothing they set up a series of cameras in every nook and cranny the stadium had. If this didn't work, nothing would.
____________
Day after concert

Am I the only sane person in this band?

I kept asking myself the same question over and over again, finding no answer. Ever since we left the concert in Sweden with empty hands and unanswered questions in our case the lads have been uneasy and distant.

Liam assumes that our blonde friend is dead even after receiving multiple shouts of disagreement from Harry. Harry, well I'm not exactly sure where he stands but it's far from healthy.

They both seemed utterly messed up at the moment, there is no longer a skip in the younger lad's walk and Liam has become antisocial to say the least. He now spends his days hidden in his dark bunk only coming out for three reasons; food, bathroom, and concerts.

When I am sitting on our comfortable leather couch in our tour bus Harry appears out of no where and plops down on the couch across from me. Before I can officially label this situation awkward, Liam emerges from the small bathroom.

I begin to invite him over but he tries to avoid us and start running to his bunk. I grab his hood before he can escape into his cave and he yelps in protest. I see Harry quietly stand up and I snap.

"Both of you, on the couch, now!"

They immediately obey my commands as well as bow their heads in shame.

"Why the hell are you looking like kicked puppies! I've had enough of this depressive behavior from both of you. I recommend that you both straighten yourselves up and look at me."

I can feel the hesitation present in their movements but eventually they do as told.

"We are a band. We eat together, we sing together, we fight together. It would be really great if you two stopped mopping around everyday and actually acted as if you had worth in the world."

"You are Harry Styles and Liam Payne. Fricken Harry Styles and Liam Payne! 2/4 of the most famous boyband in the fricken world!" I exclaim.

"It's just not the same without him." Harry mutters under his breath.

"I know that dammit! Do you not think I'm affected too? Because I sure as hell am even though I don't display it like you two."

I stare at the two lads waiting for what seems like centuries for a reply.

"I'm sorry Lou I really am. I will try and be happier." Liam says looking me straight in the eye.

Harry nods in agreement before grabbing Liam's and my hand.

"We'll always be brothers, no matter what."

And for a moment I actually believed him.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hi guys, honestly I feel like no one really likes this story. I mean this is really a shit chapter but I really like the story line. Idk I might go back to my old book if nothing happens.

Vote. Comment. Spread the word.

-Lil🔱