eight.

brooklyn's POV

all i hear is the sound of fists pounding on my door. i turn over in my bed to look at my alarm clock that reads 5am.

literally who the fuck is banging on my door this early in the morning.

i wearily get out of bed and make it downstairs to see who i have to deal with this morning.

i open the door to see a crying adison looking back at me.

"adison what's wrong?" i ask while letting her come in at the same time.

"brookyln i'm so sorry. i'm so so sorry." adison says while bursting into more tears.

"adison you have no reason to say you're sorry. i'm the one who should be apologizing."

"no, no. you don't understand i did something really bad that i'm not proud of." she looks at me with bloodshot eyes.

"adison are you okay? what did you do?" i ask with curiosity.

"you're going to hate me so much and you're going to look at me so differently ."

"no, i promise i will not. just tell me what you did."

"i-i slept w-with ashton." she said in between tears.

when those words came out of her mouth i completely froze. i was speechless and never expected those words to come from her. why did she do this to me? she's my best friend.

"please get out of my house." i said with anger building up inside of me.

"brooklyn. please let me explain."

"i think you have made it clear that you have slept with my boyfriend."

"i'm so sorry. i didn't know what I was doing."

"how could you not know what you were doing? you cheated on luke."

"don't act like you didn't cheat on ashton either."

"do not turn this back around on me. at least i didn't cheat on ashton with his best friend." i said getting angrier by the minute.

"just please forgive me. i'm so sorry."

"forgive you? you must be insane. i hate you. now get out of my fucking house."

she looks at me speechless with tears starting to fill up in her eyes. she makes her way to the door and turns around to look at me one last time. i look away and with that she was gone.

i stagger over to the couch, sobbing into a pillow, and cannot find sleep. sunlight pours through the window and the arm of the couch is stained in black mascara, but i couldn't care less.

one, two, three knocks at my door and i wipe my swollen eyes before swinging it open.

you've got to be fucking with me.

"ashton? what the hell are you doing here?" my strong voice comes out as a mere croak, my throat raw from crying just hours before.

"i was going to take you out to breakfast. jesus, what happened to you? you look like shit." his usually hazel eyes flicker a bright green as they scan my appearance.

"you're not taking me anywhere, get the hell out!" my small, frail hands shove his muscular chest but he doesn't move an inch.

"what are you talking about? brooke, calm down, take a deep breath." he tries to ease me but my fury does not subside.

"you know exactly what i'm talking about, asshole. how could you do that to me?" my eyes sting with unwanted tears and i can feel my lip quivering.

"do what?" he gulps, wondering what all i know.

"you- you-" i can't form the words, because saying them aloud makes them so real. "you and a-adison, i know."

"babe, what are you talking about? i'm with you, not with adison!" ashton tries to defend himself, stepping farther into the foyer.

"you slept with her you pig! god. i can't even look at you," my hand flies to cover my mouth and i feel a wave of guilt shivering down my spine: because i was guilty of the same thing.

"i don't know what you're talking about! that stupid bitch, should've kept her fucking mouth shut," he mutters the last part under his breath, and i know she wasn't lying.

"so it's true?" i scream, "its true, isn't it? answer me!" each word is louder than the last and i find myself making a scene in my own apartment building.

"brooklyn, please-" he tries to stop me.

"don't you 'brooklyn' me!" i begin but am interrupted by someone joins us by the door.

"good morning, love! brought you your favourite," to my amazement, louis fucking tomlinson pops into the doorway with a cup of coffee in his hands.

"who the fuck is this?" ashton points to the british stranger in confusion.

"louis, this is ashton. ashton, this is my cousin from england who's staying with me for a while." i clear my throat and give louis a look, god, i hope he plays along.

"oh, ashton?" he raises an eyebrow in realization and clears his throat awkwardly.

"nice to meet you, mate, heard a lot about ya," his charming accent introduces and i sigh in relief. at least my secret was safe.

"yeah you too," ashton narrows his eyes at louis but i can't say i'm surprised. ashton is jealous of any guy in a five like radius of me. fucking prick.

"well. ashton was just leaving, why don't you come in?" i tell louis, narrowing my eyes at my cheating prick of a boyfriend.

"i'll call you later?" he asks.

"i'm kind of busy," i don't wait for an answer before I shut the door in his face.

"yikes." louis senses the tension, "want to tell me about it?" he asks kindly, and i sigh.

god. what have we gotten ourselves into?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N: hey guys! so sorry it's been so long :) we've been super busy with finals & stuff! hope you enjoy!

- Ash & Em:)