two.

"you know what you need?" adison cheerily suggests into the phone.

"what?" brooklyn yawns, voice laced with sleep and exhaustion from the long flight.

"we need a girls night! you and me, clubbing, drinking, anything. what do you say?" adison encourages.

"why not? meet me at my house in the hamptons in a few hours?" brooklyn says, smiling into the phone. even though her best friend, adison, lives so far away she never fails to cheer her up.

"of course!" she agrees and the plane finally lands.

brooklyn checks her mailbox, nothing. no calls, no texts, no voicemails from ashton- radio silence. the corners of her mouth tug into a smug frown in disappointment. she thought he would at least try harder than that to get her back. anything at all, really, to reassure her that he still cares enough to chase after her, but she feels stupid for ever thinking that he would.

she blinks away any tears before they can leave her eyes. she's sick of crying, especially over him.

"B! come here, i've missed you so much! are you okay? you're not crying, are you?" adison says all at once, embracing her tightly.

"i'm fine, i'm fine. i've missed you so much!" she reassures her and sets down her bags.

"let's get changed, i know a really fun club not far from here," she suggests as they change.

"ooh, this dress will definitely get some attention." adison winks as brooklyn emerges from the room clad in a scandalous, short, black dress and sky-high stilettos.