Chapter 15. Slow Down

Kade's POV

We are on our way to the shopping mall and I still can't shake the feeling from this morning. This happens all the time but today it just hit harder.

"You okay?" Ivy breaks my trance. I bring my head from the window and reply "Yeah," I lie slightly. "Okay. Are you excited to go shopping?!" He says excitedly. "I am so excited!" I say with a slight squeal.

We park in the parking garage and get out of the car.

"What store should we go to first?" Danny asks while continuing to walk. "What about Forever 21 or H&M?" I respond quietly. "That sounds like an amazing idea!" Danny says with more energy than me.

We enter Forever 21 and there are so many things that catch my attention. I go over to this stunning crop top. It is white and has really cool black butterflies on it. I look around the men and women's sections as Ivy does the same.

I am looking at these really cute pants when my hands start to shake. My breath starts to heavy and my mind is going a million miles a second. I feel like I am dying. I gasp for air trying to breathe but it's like my body is resisting the air.

I feel a pair of familiar hands on my shoulders. "Hey, hey." It's Danny. "Look at me." I do "Hey, breathe. It's going to be okay. Put your hand on your heart." I do once again. "Feel that? You are alive. You are okay. Slow down." I feel my heart pounding as hard as it can. I breathe in and out with Danny's guide until it steadies.

"W-what was that?" I stutter still out of breath. "I thought I was going to die." Danny looks at me and responds, "That was a panic attack." I look at him in shock not knowing what to say. I can't believe that I had a panic attack. Why did that happen? "C-Can we leave the store please?" I ask with need in my eyes. "Of course."

We walk briskly out of the store entrance and sit on a nearby bench.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He spoke with concern in his voice. "Um... not really." I looked at me and nodded.

We sat there for a few minutes before I spoke up. "Can we go back into the store?" I look at Danny and he gives a slight nod of approval.

-----Time Skip-----

It had been about 2 hours since the whole panic attack thingy and I still am on edge. We are in the car headed back to the house.

Ivy talked to Ivy briefly about it and they tried to comfort me. Even though I am the older twin I always feel that Ivy is my rock and they have to take care of me sometimes.

I am pulled out of my trance but Ivy's gentle voice. "You okay?" I look up at him with wide eyes. "Not really." I speak truthfully not wanting to lie to them.

"What is going through that head of yours?" How do I respond to that? I see Danny look at me through the rearview mirror. Great. "Um... I don't know. Just stress about a lot of things." I go back to staring out of the window trying to figure out what this feeling is. I guess I have something to talk to my therapist about next week.

We arrive at home in a quick manner and I am so relieved. I grab my bags out of the trunk and briskly walk into the house. I don't stop at the kitchen. I walk up the stairs into my room and shut the door. I know I need to finish packing but all my mind can focus on is the panic attack. I don't know why it happened. I hate that it happened.

I need to get out of my head. I decide to go on my phone to kill time, even though I know I should be packing. I don't care. The last thing I remember is a blanket being pulled over me. I must have fallen asleep.

A/N: sorry for the short chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment. Any feedback is very much appreciated