The Vanity

"I'm not a patient man Luke, look at them. She was looking at him the way she looks at me" Tom says frustratedly.

"Do you want to leave?"
Brock asks me concerned for my mental state after seeing Tom. "No it's fine, we can stay. Maybe he'll leave" I reply with wishful thinking. "Let's get some drinks" Brock suggests guiding me to the bar with his hand lightly touching my lower back.

We order two shots and two drinks and I start to slowly relax.

Brock tells me about some of his favorite hobbies and they're a lot of the same things that I like to do

Brock tells me about some of his favorite hobbies and they're a lot of the same things that I like to do. I also find out that on the weekends he likes to take his boat out on the lake. "What are you doing Sunday?"
He asks. "Nothing so far, I've got this really great boss and he gives us Sundays off" I playfully say. He starts to laugh then leans in closer. "Want to come out on the boat with me?" He asks quietly as he looks around.

I lean in and giggle "yes, as a matter of fact, I'd love that" I tell him. "Good, I'll pick you up at 9:00am, bring a swimsuit" he says grinning flirtatiously. "Brock! I'd like to meet a friend of mine, he's a real estate mogul. I think he could help you out with some leads for your stores" Cole says interrupting our boat date talk. "Will you excuse me?" Brock asks politely as he turns to me. "Yes, of course, go do your thing" I tell him.

He walks away with Cole talking and I stand there looking out across the room.

I no longer see Tom anywhere and I feel a sense of relief

I no longer see Tom anywhere and I feel a sense of relief. "I can't believe that you're here with that Ken doll" Luke says from behind me. I sigh annoyed then turn around.

"Why are you here?" I ask him. "Better yet, why the hell is Tom here?" I say. "The guy who owns this restaurant, Cole, that's Melinda's brother. So we're guests of hers" Luke informs me. "Oh yes the throuple...how's that going for you? Is she able to satisfy you both?" I ask sarcastically.

"Don't be a bitch Ann, I'm on your side. I like you for Tom. He needs the stability that you give him, without it, he's a loose canon. But you already knew this didn't you?" Luke asks suspiciously. "