CHAPTER TWO

SHOW ME SOME LOVE VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR SUPPORT WILL BE APPRECIATED ;)

CHAPTER TWO

Madison then surprised me with the black town car. It was regally parked in our driveway, and her handsome driver Emilio was ready to drive us anywhere we wished. He proceeded to open the door for us. We squealed in delight, jumped in and made ourselves comfortable.

Madi then leaned into the front to turn up the music. She sat back and smiled. "Where do you want to go, Birthday Girl?" she yelled. "It's your day, and I have Daddy's credit card!"

I could not believe what an amazing day I was having and it was still only ten a.m. "First stop, Gunther's Ice Cream!" I yelled. The best ice cream in town! I just could not resist getting my hands on some yummy, creamy, fudge brownie ice cream.

One hour, two thousand calories and five pounds later, we could hardly breathe. We felt full and were wired on sugar. After our ice cream fix, we were full of energy. We got back into the car and Emilio drove us to the mall. Madi was ready to spend her daddy's money and I was ready to help.

Hours later, our hands full of shopping bags of all colors and sizes, I tried pressing Madi for clues to where we were going on our trip, but she would not budge.

"My lips are sealed, Skylar, I'm sorry."

I groaned at her and we both looked at my new watch.

"Five-thirty!" Madi and I screamed at the same time. We rushed back to the car and gave Emilio our bags. He organized them in the trunk.

"Madison Elaine Lombardo!" I exclaimed, as I kept glancing down at my phone and saw the minutes ticking by. "My mother is going to kill me," I whispered. We hopped into the car as fast as we could.

"Back to her house, please, HURRY!" Madi directed Emilio in a panic.

I winced as my ears rang and my stomach knotted. I was so worried we wouldn't make it back on time. "Fifteen minutes till six, we can still make it," I prayed, although I knew we would probably be late.

The ride on our way back was faster than when we left, and when we finally arrived home, Madi pushed me out of the car and quickly followed to help me with the bags.

"Please open the trunk, Emilio," she said in a sweet voice, and he nodded.

When the trunk opened with a pop, Madi sorted through the shopping bags. She thrust my bags into my hands and hurried back into the car. I was puzzled when I realized Madi wouldn't be accompanying me inside.

"You're late, Skylar, and I'm not staying for the 'Be on Time' speech. I'll be back with my father."

I laughed. "Thanks, Bitch," I jokingly responded. I kissed her on the cheek and thanked her for the amazing, fun-filled day. As Emilio drove away, I turned to the front door with the shopping bags in my hands, took a deep breath and ran inside. My mother, of course, was waiting, but to my relief, she let me go to my room without giving me a hard time.

"I really need to get a trim," I thought to myself as I glanced at my reflection in the mirror and ran my hand through my hair.

I could hear something happening downstairs, but the music from my stereo was too loud to be able to tell exactly what was going on. I blew myself a kiss in the mirror and danced all the way to my closet. A simple blue blouse, some dark skinny jeans and my white Converse would do it. Mom always said blue looked great on my pale skin; I held the outfit to my body, smiled and finished getting ready.