CHAPTER TEN

PICTURE ABOVE IS SKYLAR

CHAPTER TEN

"JC I ... I need to tell you something, I ... I have never had sex before." I paused and searched his face for a reaction, but it was blank. "I just turned eighteen three days ago." I told him in gasping breaths. His silence and not knowing what he was thinking made me feel so vulnerable. My heart sank, and I hoped I wouldn't cry.

JC quickly stood up, his eyes showing something like shock. I could see on his face that he was surprised. "Christ, Sky." He nervously ran his fingers through his hair. He obviously was struggling with what to say.

"Wow, you should've told me from the beginning. I should've asked you, damn it ... I could have hurt you, for God's sakes." He quickly handed me my bikini bottoms.

I put them on as quickly as I could. He grabbed my blouse and helped me put it on while I put on my skirt. I could not find one of my sandals, but as soon as I got up I found it where I'd been lying.

JC remained on his knees, his head in his hands. I stood in front of him, mortified, feeling guilty that I hadn't told him sooner.

"JC, I'm so sorry. It's my fault. I should have told you at the beginning, please forgive me." My voice was breaking more and more, and the sob I was holding in escaped from deep in my throat.

JC looked into my eyes. I stared at his emerald eyes, which were blurred by a storm of emotions that I didn't understand. He looked upset and disappointed with me, but he managed to give me a childlike smile that intensified the feelings of guilt and confusion I felt. My heart ached.

He took me in his arms and kissed me desperately. We stood there kissing for a long time until we had to break apart to breathe.

It was as if he was saying goodbye.

When he brought me back to Canelle beach, I could see Madi in the distance. She was lying on a beach chair. A hot guy was seated next to her, his face turned toward her as if they were about to kiss. She lifted her hand and placed her index finger on his lips, stopping him. At the sound of the loud noise coming from the motorcycle, she quickly got up, leaving the poor guy hanging.

"Hey, stranger!" she yelled.

"Hey, there!" I yelled back and managed to smile. I got off JC's bike and turned to him, but he gave me a quick kiss without meeting my eyes and roared away. My heart sank.

"Well, well." Madi nodded at me. "Tell me everything, every single little detail." We began walking in the direction of the villa.

I sighed deeply before I started telling her everything that happened with JC. For once, she heard me out without interrupting. Like the best friend she was, she knew I just needed to talk.

"Where have you girls been?" my mother asked, as she entered the front door.

"We were on the beach and we went for a walk to see some of the views," I said absentmindedly.

"There's spaghetti with meatballs, help yourself," Alessandro said.

"No thank you, maybe later. We are not hungry at the moment, just tired," replied Madi, heading to our bedroom. "Okay. Finish telling me everything," Madi said as we entered our bedroom.

I started telling her about the rest of my day with JC, where he took me, about the rings, and when I told her about the making out ...

"Oh my God, Skylar Marie, you are telling me you guys didn't have sex? It was your opportunity and you didn't take advantage of it?" she scolded me. "How big is it, did you see it?"