CHAPTER SEVEN

As promised here you go-CHAPTER SEVEN, YAY!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE 520 VIEWS and 98 VOTES!!!!!! You can't see me but I'm totally doing my happy dance.!!!!!

Okay let get to our next GOAL, HEY, HEY, no groans I can hear you guys, LOL!!!! For CHAPTER EIGHT I need 700 views and 150 votes. We can do this, I totally believe in you guys. I know we can get to the GOAL.

Don't forget to comment CHAPTER NINE is just around the corner and I'll choose five winners, yes, yes, you read it rite. I'll giveaway five signed print copies of Deception & Obsession to the five person that had accumulated more comments before I update CHAPTER NINE.

Good luck,...................sending virtual hugs your way :)

CHAPTER SEVEN

The restaurant was in an ancient stone building, as soon we entered, I felt I had stepped back in time to the days of ancient Rome. Two chandeliers dominated the room, shedding a soft, romantic glow over the dining area.

I was charmed by JC's choice of the restaurant. Madi and I still had not visited any restaurants on the island, but my mother and Alessandro had gone to at least one since we'd arrived. Thinking about Madi, I wondered how everything was going; I hoped she wasn't too bored. Once we got to our table, I'd call her.

As I was soaking in the romantic atmosphere, a grating voice suddenly interrupted.

"Ma la sopresa e valsa il figlio prodigo tornare alla sua isola!" Walking in our direction was a man who appeared to be in his thirties, maybe forties; he was well dressed and had an arrogant air.

JC's body immediately tensed up, his hand gripped mine more firmly. His eyes were full of hatred directed at the man. The older man stood in front of us with a fake smile. JC ignored him and turned towards me.

"Chi e questa bellezza? Chiaramente non e uno abituarsi," the man said to JC in a mocking tone, and then he offered his hand to me. "Buon pomeriggio, bellezza," he said in that annoying voice of his. Apparently, not all Italians had voices as attractive as JC's.

"Sorry, I do not speak Italian," I said to the man. Before I could shake his outstretched hand, JC locked my arm with his.

"Signori, vostro tavolo e pronto," the waitress interrupted.

"Grazie," JC replied and turned to the man. "Non bisogna mai attraversare di nuovo la mia strada." JC spoke in his native language again, but this time his voice was murderous and seemed to come from deep in his throat. A look of fear crossed the man's face. He stepped back, turned, and left immediately.

We sat at a small table, facing each other.

"Who was that man, JC?"

"No one of importance," he replied roughly. I looked down, sorry I'd asked.

"Hey," he said. I looked up at him. "He is a wealthy local who wants to buy my family's wine business, you can imagine how he took it when my father said no," he explained. He smiled, once again all charm.

"Yeah, I can imagine," I said still feeling awkward. "Ummm ... do you mind if I call my friend?" I asked, wanting to change the topic.

"No ... of course not, go ahead."

"Thank you." I dialed Madi while JC read the menu.

Madi answered on the second ring.

"Hey, girl, is everything okay?" I asked Madi.

"Yes, everything is going as planned," Madi said.

"Seriously, she is the best friend in the whole wide world. I love her to death," I said to JC while I had Madi on the line.