The start to this mess

I'm halfway through my second day of school at lunch. I was sitting with Teddy and we were talking about our teachers and classes. Chris was supposed to be with us as well but I couldn't seem to find him anywhere in the hallways.

"Did you see Chris at all today?" I ask Teddy.

"I thought I saw him with Nate, but that just must have been my imagination" He says

"Funny, I saw them talking yesterday after school" I say

"Really?" He asks

"Yeah"

"You think he's using again?"

"I hope not, I asked him and he of course said no. But you can never really be too careful"

"Let's go find him and check up on him" Teddy says and we throw away our lunch.

We grab our backpacks and go walking around the yard to spot Chris.

"Where did you find them yesterday? He could be there" Teddy suggests

"I found them at the side of the tool shed" I answer and he quickly go to the shed.

We don't see them at the side but we go behind the shed and see Chris talking with Nate and smoking.

"Christian?" I say. He quickly throws his cigarette to the dirt and stomps on it.

"Autumn! I thought you got my message saying I wasn't going to be with you guys at lunch" He nervous laughs.

"No I did not get a fucking message from you. What the hell are you doing?!" I yell at him.

"I told you yesterday he needs my help in Chemistry"

"I do?" Nate asks and Chris glares at him.

"Yes, you do" Chris says

"Christian go get food and put on some cologne or something to get rid of that smell" I order him and grab his arm to get him to the yard.

"And you" I point to Nate "Stay the fuck away from my brother" Me, Teddy, and Chris walk away and I push Chris to the lunch line.

"You didn't have to make a scene" Chris says annoyed grabbing his tray.

"I didn't make a scene, no one else was watching" I say

"Well you definitely embarrassed me"

"Good, maybe next time you'll think about what'll happen when I catch with drugs"

"Will you shut up" He whisper yells to me "And I wasn't doing drugs, I was smoking a cigarette" We sit down at an empty table and Chris starts to eat.

"Smoking is considered a drug it literally makes your lungs black"

"My god, what are you, a doctor now?" He asks

"Maybe I should be one, considering I have to patch you up whenever you get into a fight"

"That was a few years ago Autumn, I'm a senior now I can't be getting into fights"

"Oh but you can be doing drugs?" I ask

"For the last fucking time, I am not doing drugs. Drop the whole thing Autumn" We glare at each other's eyes.

"Fine" I finally say and we all sit in silence.

I look towards the tool shed and see Nate staring at me. He smirks and walks off towards the doors of the school and goes inside.

X