Trust

December 15, Thursday

Question: Do you have a friend, significant other, or just someone you know that has a bad backstory, specifically that involves crime?

Another question: if so, do you trust them? Do you trust them with your life? Do you trust them enough to even date them?

Okay that's actually more than just two questions. But that's how I'm feeling right now, those questions are running through my mind.

I don't know if I can trust Nate right now. Ever since that snow day, I've been avoiding him because I'm scared if I can let him back into my life again. If you haven't noticed yet in the story I have major trust issues.

Trust is a very big thing to have in a friendship, relationship, and in family. Trust goes a long way, it shows you the kind of person that you know and care for.

X

I'm in art class working on a painting that's due on Friday when we leave for winter break. My hands are splattered with multiple colors of paint and I ask to go to the restroom to wash my hands.

I go out to the hallway and as I'm about to turn the corner into a hallway, I hear very hushed whispers. My body stops and I lean against the wall to hear who's talking and what they're talking about.

"Got my $20?" I hear a familiar voice say but I can't pinpoint who exactly it is.

"Yeah, here" I hear a voice I don't recognize.

"Thanks, and here is your little gift" I realize who the voice belongs to and my eyes widen and my heart beats fast.

Nate

"Thanks man, I'll text you when I run out again" I hear the unfamiliar voice say again and they turn into my hallway. I see that they have a small white bag of white powder and I immediately know what it is and what Nate is doing.

As the random student walks away, I turn into the hallway Nate was in and he sees me.

"Autumn!" He says in shock.

"I um.. I've really been wanting to talk to you" He says.

"Yeah but it seems you got your little operation running again" I say crossing my arms. Nate's eyes widen and he lets out a nervous chuckle.

"W- what are you talking about?" He stutters out.

I walk over to him and push him against the lockers.

"Do you really think I'm that stupid? Because I'm not" I quietly say to him. I don't want students coming out of their classrooms and see what's going on.

"I never said you were" He quietly says back to me.

"I saw what you gave to him Nate, you broke another rule" I tell him.

"Autumn you don't understand-" He says.

"Oh no I understand, you don't care for others feelings" he stands away from the lockers and I push him against them again.

"We're done. I'm fucking breaking up with you" I say and I walk away from him into the restrooms to wash my hands.

This time he didn't plea for me to come back or yell, he just stayed quiet.