Begging

November 11, Friday

I swear Nate Owens is going to make me snap.

He has been bothering me non stop trying to apologize about what happened on Halloween. Chris says I should just get it over with and accept the apology but I don't want too. Teddy says I should ignore him but it's not that easy when he's constantly over your shoulder.

Another way he has been trying to win me back is by insisting on going to the carnival with him. But I keep on rejecting him.

Examples:

Monday-

He asked me while I was tutoring him.

"So you're going to add x with-" I explain but I get interrupted

"Do you wanna go to the carnival with me?" He asks.

"No" I say in a disgusted tone.

Tuesday-

Asked me by note in computer class.

"This is for you" Teddy whispers to me as he hands me a note. I open it and read.

Carnival?- Nate

I roll my eyes and I look in front of the computer desks to see him smiling to me. I rip the paper in half to show him and I'm saying no and his smile drops.

"That was kinda harsh" Teddy says.

"Shut up" I say slumping back in my chair.

Wednesday-

He tried during lunch.

As me, Teddy, and Chris were eating, he comes to sit across from me.

"So have you changed your mind?" He asks.

"Fuck off" I say and he gets up and goes away.

Thursday-

He tried to get Chris to ask me.

Chris comes into my room with his phone in hand while I'm trying to sketch.

"Hey Nate wants to know i-"

"God damn it how many fucking times do I have to say this again NO!" I yell out to him and he immediately gets out of my room.

"You heard that right?" I hear him say outside of my room and I sigh out of frustration.

Friday-

Finally here we are to Friday and he made no attempt to ask me to the carnival. I was enjoying my weekend off from school now and today is one of the few days that Mom got out of her room. We were all in the living room watching TV together when we heard the doorbell ring.

"Oh that's probably the pizza" I say as I'm about to get up but Mom stops me.

"I'll it get sweety, it's been a while since I've answered the door" She gets up off the couch and walks over to the door.

I hear her open the door but she has a different reaction.

"Oh you're not the pizza guy" I hear her say. I look to Chris in confusion and he shrugs his shoulders.

"Uh no ma'am I'm here to speak with Autumn my name is Nate, we meet on Halloween night" I hear his voice. My eyes go wide and I pray that I'm dreaming right now.

"Oh right I remember, let me call her" She says.

"Autumn there's someone here for you" She says loudly and now there's no way of getting out of this situation.

I get up from the couch and go to the front door. I glare at Nate and he just has a smile on his face.

"I'll let you two talk outside" Mom says and we both go outside as she closes the door. I turn around to see is the curtains are closed in the window and when I turn back around to face Nate, I punch him in the face.

"Ow what the hell Autumn?!" He yells and massages his cheek.

"No what the hell to you Nate? What makes you think that it's okay to fucking show up at my house and ask the same question about the carnival over and over?!" I yell back to him.

"What makes you think I was going to ask you to the carnival again?" He asks.

"It's all you've been asking me all week. At tutoring, class, lunch, you even got my fucking brother to ask me. What do you want from me?!" I ask him.

"Damn it Autumn I fucking like you! And I hate the fact that I'm such a bad guy for you but I want to show you that I can try to be nice and take you out on a fucking date!" He yells to me.

"What?.." I ask to him not believing what I heard.

"I said I liked you" He admits again.

"Why?" I ask again.

"What?" He asks this time to me.

"Why do you like me?" I ask him.

"Well I mean.. I don't know I just do" He mumbles.

I roll my eyes and scoff and turn back to my front door to go back inside.

"Wait!" He yells and I do.

"You're talented, I've seen your art stuff before in the art classroom and you're really good at painting and drawing. I like that you stand up for yourself and your brother. You took a chance on me with tutoring when no one else wanted to. And when I first saw you on the second day of school, you weren't afraid of me. You said what you needed to say without giving it a second thought" He explains and I walk up more closely to him.

"Pick me up tomorrow at 6" I say and I walk back into my house.

I look out the window to see him jumping up and down, punching the air, and smiling. When he catches me looking at him through the windows, he stops what he's doing and waves bye to me as he gets in his car.

I smile to myself and close the curtains and go sit back on the couch.

"He seems like a nice boy" Mom says.

"Let's just hope he is" I say.

"Thank you so much for finally saying yes to him, he would not stop complaining to me and talking about other ways to get you to say yes" Chris says.

"Well at least I got to punch him in the face" I take a look at my hand but I doubt I did any damage to it or his face.