Carnival

It was close to being 6 and I had made sure I was ready for my, I guess you could say, date.

"Well don't you look pretty" Chris comes into my room as I'm rushing through my room

"What are you looking for?" He asks.

"Nothing actually, I'm just so nervous that I needed to walk around" I say.

"Everything will be fine, he wouldn't have gone through all this trouble to ask you if he wasn't into you" He reassures me and I calm down a little bit.

"Let's go to the living room" he says and he grabs my hand.

When we get to the living room he faces me to him and he bends down and pulls me over his shoulder. I shriek as I hold on to his back for dear life and he's jumping up and down.

"Get those nerves out of your system" He says and I start to laugh and his method of making me feel better.

We hear the doorbell ring and Chris puts me back down on the floor.

"He's here" I quietly say and Chris goes over to the door and opens it.

"Hey man" He says and Nate comes into the house.

"Hey Chris" He says and he see me.

"Hey" He says to me.

"Hey" I say back.

"Are you ready?" He asks.

"Yep" I go over to him and we both walk out of the house.

"Call me if anything happens" Chris says and we give him a thumbs up.

Nate opens the passenger door for me and I go inside the car. He closes the door and walks over to the driver's side and comes in. He starts the car and drives off down the road in my neighborhood.

Just like with the pumpkin patch, the carnival was going to be on the outskirts of town but not where all the farm life was at.

As I'm looking out the window, I feel something grab my hand and it's Nate's hand. I take it off.