Tutoring the bad boy

October 3rd, Monday

I was in Algebra 2 and class was about to end for us to go to our next class of the day. The bell had finally rung after a few minutes and once I was ready to get out of the classroom, I get stopped.

"Oh Autumn I actually need to talk to you" My teacher, Mr. Richard says and I walk over to his desk.

"So it seems that you are doing an amazing job in my class, you have straight A's, never really interrupt my teaching. Unlike these other students" He chuckles. I give him a small smile but am stills confused as to why I was called to his desk.

"So if I'm not on any trouble, can I just go now?" I ask him.

"I actually called you to my desk because I need a favor" He says.

"Okay what's up?" I ask.

"As you know, one of your classmates Nate Owens is in this class. He's failing pretty bad in my class and this is his second time retaking it, he's supposed to be in Pre-calculus with your brother. So I would really appreciate it if you'd tutor him and help him get his grades up" Mr. Richard explains.

"Sir, with all due respect and excuse my language but, I fucking hate him" I say.

"I know and I understand. But no one else wants to be near him and you are literally my last hope" He puts his hand together in a praying position and I honestly feel bad for this dude. But this is my time that I'm wasting on someone who doesn't take anything seriously.

"I can help you with Nate Sir but I want something in return. I mean I will be prioritizing my time for him" I cross my arms and keep my chin up.

"Of course Autumn and if you tutor Nate, I'll be sure you get something in return" He says

"Well? What will it be?" I ask

"I'm..not sure yet but I can guarantee that it will be worth the wait" He smiles at me and I just roll my eyes. I grab my bag and walk out of his classroom.

I turn into the corner of the hallway and nearly run straight into someone's chest. I manage to stop myself and look up to see Nate.

"Hey Chris's little sister" He greets me with his usual smirk.

"Hey drug dealer" I say back to him with a fake smile. I go around him and speed walk to my classroom.

X

Me, Teddy, and Chris all sit down at our table outside for lunch and talk to one another about our day.

Suddenly Nate sits down next to my brother and is across from me.

"Hey man" Nate says and him and Chris handshake. Me and Teddy just look at each other in confusion.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" I ask to Chris.

"I go here, I'm friends with your brother, and you're my tutor for Algebra 2" Nate answers.

"Wait, you're what?" Teddy asks to me.

"I'll explain later" I whisper to him.

"So when should we meet?" He smiles to me.

"We'll meet tomorrow in the library after school" I say with a frown on my face.

"Okay I'll see you tomorrow then" He says with a smirk. I roll my eyes and continue to enjoy my lunch time ignoring Nate the entire time.

X

I open the library doors and greet the librarian as it is Tuesday and today is the day that I have to tutor Nate.

I find an empty table and take out the textbooks and materials that we're going to need. I take a look at the time on my phone.

4:05

It's only five minutes he should be here soon

Soon it turns to 4:10 then 4:15 then finally 4:25. I'm close to just packing up and leaving the library until I hear the door open and turn to see him finally here.

He sees me and comes over to the table. He takes a seat next me to me and gets out his assignments.

"You're late" I say coldly.

"Yeah sorry, I nearly forgot to come and meet you" He chuckles and I roll my eyes at the poor excuse.

Okay first things first, what are you having trouble with?" I ask.

"Um... everything" He nervously says.

"Okay then let's start from the beginning" I sigh out and I discuss the first thing we did at the beginning of the semester.

He seems to get what I'm saying and I actually think that he's going to be alright in the class and maybe that Mr. Richards was just overreacting.

"So how would you solve y=-3x+4?" I ask.

He shrugs his shoulders and doesn't answer my question. All my hope for him goes away.

"I just explained this all to you and you don't know?" I ask him rhetorically.

He suddenly puts his hand on my thigh and I start to get uncomfortable around him.

"Maybe you should explain it to me again, you have a nice voice" He whispers in my ear.

I push him away and gather all my things back into my backpack.

"Fuck you Nate" I say and I go out of the library.

I speed walk out of the doors and see Chris who was willing to wait for me to get out of tutoring.

"I thought you were going to be longer" Chris says confused.

"Your friend wouldn't take his hands off of me" I say and I quickly get into his car.

"What'd he do?" Chris asks getting into the car.

I stay quiet as he starts the car and drives out of the school parking lot.

"I'm not going to be mad at you just so you know. I just want to know that you're safe and not scared" He reassures me.

I stay quiet for a few more seconds before I open my mouth.

"He put his hand on my thigh and whispered in my ear" I say.

"Fucking asshole" Chris mumbles clicking his tongue.

"It's okay, we'll get home and rest okay?" He asks

I nod my head and put my head against the car window.