Hospital

Me and Chris run into the hospital and go to the receptionist desk out of breath.

"We're here to see Nate Owens, you called me saying I was the only person his emergency call list" I quickly say.

"Oh yes you must be Autumn Ward, he's actually right down the hall in room 123" the receptionist says. Me and Chris go running down the hall.

We get to the door and see that there's a big window facing into his room. I see him through the window and see that he has cuts and dried blood on his arms and face.

"Oh my god..."I quietly say to myself and Chris grabs my hand and turns me towards him.

"Don't worry, they told us he's breathing he's just unconscious. He's strong" He says.

We both quietly go into the room and close the door. I see Nate laying there sleeping on the bed and I go walking more and more towards his body. I see that he has a ventilator around his face to help him breathe and an IV injected into his arm. I start to feel tears running down my cheeks.

"This is all my fault..." I say.

"Autumn, none of this is your fault. All we know is that he got beat up, there could have been a reason that didn't involve you" Chris says, trying to reassure me.

"But whatever he was going to go do, I could have talked him out of it. I shouldn't have been so mad with him" More and more tears start to come out of my eyes.

Chris sits me down on a chair near the bed and I lean more into Nate's face to get a closer look at him. I now see that he also has a black eye and a busted lip.

I feel scared to touch him but my hand reaches for his hand on its own. I interlock your fingers together and remind myself that he is just unconscious, and still breathing.

*1 hour later*

A doctor had finally came back the room and give us an update on Nate. The doctor says that he has one broken rib but other than that, it's just cuts and bruises. They will be okay and once he wakes up, he'll be able to go home.

"When will he wake up?" I ask the doctor.

"We're not sure yet, but it can't be long" she reassures me and walks out of the room.

I sigh and lean back into my chair, still holding Nate's hand.

X

I haven't left the hospital in over 2 days. I don't want to leave Nate alone.

Chris has been going back and forth from the house to the hospital to make sure that I ate some food and was changing clothes. There was a shower anyways in the room.

Teddy came by a few times to make sure that I was okay. He brought my new journal that Mr Richards had given me from my house and brought it to me to keep me busy. So I drew whatever came into my mind to keep me calm and not worry all the time about Nate.

*One week later*

I was getting more worried about everything around me. Nate was not waking up yet and I was getting scared that he would take longer to wake up.

The doctors kept on trying to reassuring me saying that there wasn't really anything that they could do but to just wait. But I didn't want to wait, I didn't feel like waiting, I needed him to wake up right now.