Chapter 4

I was awakened by a loud screeching sound coming from outside my room.

I got out of my bed and opened my door, a boy, about my age with brown quiffed up hair and hazel brown eyes was standing outside Blake's bedroom making that awful sound.

"What the fuck man?" I asked him. Blinking, eyes adjusting to the light around me.

"Who are you??" He asked me, startled, completely ignoring my question

"I'm Kiara, I just moved in here" I yawned.

"Oh, I'm Jordan, Blake's friend" he told me. Jordan, that's a nice name.

"So you never answered my question" I told him.

"Why are you wearing a Sleeping With Sirens shirt?" He asked me.

"Because I like pokemon. Why the fuck do you think?"

"Oh"

"You know, you could have just opened the door, and screamed into his ear" I said.

"I tried that once and it wasn't pretty"

"What happened?"

"He punched my balls"

I laughed.

"Its not fuuunny" Jordan whined.

"Karma's a bitch"

"Yeah I know"

"So are you one of the guys who's in his band that has no name or frontman?" I asked, curiously.

"Yes I am"

"Well, all your problems have disappeared because I am your new frontwoman" I said, doing my jazz hands.

All of a sudden, a shirtless Blake opens his bedroom door.

"What are you two doing?" He said, tiredly.

"We're getting to know each other" Jordan said in a really high pitched voice.

"And apparently, she's our last and final member" he said in his normal voice.

"Not exactly, I need to know what you guys think of her, I certainly like her and want her to be in the band" Blake said. "Who's the last guy?" I asked, out of the blue.

"His name is Mason Fletcher, he's the drummer. I'm play bass and Jordan here is the lead guitarist" Blake told me.

I nodded. "And what band names have you come up with?"

"Moments Like These, Kingdom Of The Lost, No Barbiez Allowed, Behind Masks and The Tellifuckies" Jordan listed all the band names.

"How about Lost Hope?" Blake suggested.

"Last Hope?" I asked.

"Oooooh I like Last Hope" Jordan said.

A loud voice was coming from downstairs.

"DA FLETCHER FAGGOT IS IN DA HOUSE. BOW DOWN BITCHES"

"Typical Mason" Blake said.

We went downstairs and there was a guy standing at the fridge eating something. He had long black hair, past his shoulders with red right sided fringe, brown eyes and he was about the same height as Jordan. Blake was much taller than them. And I was shorter than them.

"Who's this chick?" Mason said in between bites of noodles? I think.

"This is Kiara, our new lead vocalist" Jordan said.

"Um, not yet bro" I told him.

"Let's go down to the studio and see if she's worthy to be in our band" Blake said.

We went downstairs to the basement which was filled with every single band poster ever imagined. I gasped in awe.

"So what song do you want to play for us?" Mason asked, twirling his drumsticks on his fingers as he sat at his drum set.

"Um, can we all play together as a band and see if we sound good?" I asked, awkwardly.

"Yeah sure" Blake said.

"Let's sing" I thought for a moment "Weightless by All Time Low. Do you guys know how to play it?"

"Hell yeah we do!!" Mason said, excited.

Blake picked up a guitar off the guitar rack and handed it to Kiara. Jordan and Mason were ready to play. Blake got a green bass and put it around his neck.

They all started playing. I began singing.

"Manage me, I'm a mess, turn a page, I'm a book, half un read. I wanna be laughed at, laughed with, just because, I wanna feel weightless and that should be enough. But I'm stuck in this fucking rut, waiting on a second hand pick me up and I'm over, getting older, if I could just find the time, I would never let another day go by, I'm over, getting old"

The music got louder and we all went crazy playing our instruments.

"MAYBE IT'S NOT MY WEEKEND, BUT IT'S GONNA BE YEAR, I'M SO SICK OF WATCHING WHILE THE MINUTES PASS AS I GO NOWHERE AND THIS IS MY REACTION TO EVERYTHING I FEEL, COS I'VE BEEN GOING CRAZY I DON'T WANNA WASTE ANOTHER MINUTE HERE"

Mason started head banging to the music and his hair was going everywhere. It looked awesome.

We stopped playing and lay our instruments on the floor.

"I don't give a fuck what you say, I want this girl in the band" Mason said.

"I agree" Blake said.

"How about you Jordan?" Mason asked.

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm. Yeah I like her"

Mason started jumping up and down and we all group hugged.

"I really like the name Behind Masks" I said.

"Same" Mason said.

"Same" Jordan said.

"But I like Last Hope" Blake said, pouting his lips.

"I'm sowwy bby, you can't always get what you want" I said to him, in a baby, childish voice.

"Come on Blake, Behind Masks is an awesome name"

"I don't know bro" Blake said. "Hm, okay" he said.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAY" Mason screamed, jumping on Blake, hugging him.

Mason was one hyper kid.

Behind Masks is going to be the greatest thing that's ever happened to me.