Chapter 3

We arrived at Blakes house and he knocked on the door.

A women, who I assumed to be his mum, opened the door.

"Hey mum"

"Hello Blake and who might you be?" She asked me.

"I'm Kiara, Blake's friend"

"You are not an... item, are you?"

Blake and I looked at each other and both shook our heads.

"So you 2 got into a bit of trouble tonight"

"Yeah, about that, I need to talk to you mum" Blake said.

"Okay honey" She told him.

She reminded me of my mum so much, I dont know, the way she talked, how caring she was.

We walked into the house and Blake told me to go to the bathroom and freshen up so I did so whilst he talked to his mum.

I pulled out a Sleeping With Sirens t-shirt and a pair of fluro pink shorts and popped them on. I looked at my face and noticed my eye was very bruised from what happened earlier. I sighed.

I turned on the tap and cleaned my face with cold water, relieving all the pain from my face, I looked at my stomach and it was all purple. There was not a single bit of skin showing. Hopefully these will clear up in a few weeks.

I tied my hair back in a messy but pretty bun and left the bathroom, taking all my stuff with me.

I sat on the couch, quietly, waiting for Blake and his mum to finish their conversation.

After about 5 minutes, they walked out.

Blake looked at me, his mouth opened. I gave him a confused look and he pointed to my shirt. I'm guessing he likes Sleeping with Sirens as well.

Mrs Andrews ((Blake's mum)) smiled at me.

"Of course you can stay with us, Kiara, we can adopt you. I've always wanted a daughter and you will be a good influence on Blake since the only female friend he has is me"

"Hey" he said, hurt.

I just laughed. "Are you sure though? What about school?" I told her.

"Don't worry about that, we can look after it. You just worry about settling in here and your new school"

At that moment, Mr Andrews came in. I tensed up, from past memories. Blake saw this happening and he looked at me and put his arm around me and whispered "don't worry"

"Who's this young lady?" Mr Andrews said.

"This Kiara, she's going to be living with us since her other family is not a very good one" Mrs Andrews told him.

"Oh, hello. You are more than welcome to live with us" he smiled.

I finally felt like people cared about me.

"Blake, take Kiara upstairs to the guest room and help her unpack. That will become her new room" Mrs Andrews told her son.

Blake nodded took my suitcase and signalled me to grab my guitar and follow him upstairs.

We got to my room and we put my belongings on the floor and we both fell onto the bed.

"Blake, thankyou so much for everything"

He turned to look at me.

"You're welcome" and he got off the bed and opened my suitcase, there he saw multiple band posters. He took them out and looked at them.

"You like Sleeping with Sirens, All Time Low, Mayday Parade, Of Mice & Men, Pierce the Veil, Bring Me The Horizon, You Me At Six and Memphis Mayfire. You can play the guitar" He pointed at my guitar.

"But can you sing?" He asked.

I looked at him. Scared.

He watched me, curious to know what I was thinking.

"Come on babe, please sing, for me?" He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I have 2 other friends who can play a designated instrument but none of us can sing and we need a frontman to start a band. Which is what we wanna do. We all love music and we think creating a band will get people to hear our music. We need a frontwoman in your case and if you like the same music as us and you can sing and play the guitar. You will automatically be our frontwoman". I sighed. Oh boy do I sigh a lot.

I reached down and grabbed my guitar and I began playing the chords for Roger Rabbit by Sleeping With Sirens.

I strummed the last chord and looked at Blake, waiting for an opinion.

He stared at me.

"Wow... I... Just... Wow... You..." Blake was lost for words. I blushed.

"I have to show you to the boys and if they like you --- which they will --- you will be our final member to join our band that doesn't have a name yet"

Somebody actually likes me. I smiled at Blake and I lay my guitar against the wall.

"It's late" I said. "We should get to sleep and unpack tomorrow"

"Yeah, okay. The boys are coming over for band prac tomorrow and I want to introduce you to them. Good night and if you have any problems, my room is right in front of you" he told me.

"Good night Andrews"

Blake laughed and walked out of my room. I lay down, pulling the bed sheet over me, engulfed by the warmth of the blanket, I dropped my head on the pillow and went to sleep.