Chapter 10

CALUM HOOD'S POV

"CAL, GET YOUR BASS, WE'RE ON IN 10 MINUTES"

Adam, our manager, shouted.

This was the last country we had to tour before it ended and we all go home. We were back in our own country.

Australia.

I was so glad.

I miss this place.

I had zoned out while watching Michael tweeting on his phone.

He was a pretty fast typer.

His thumbs were moving up and down and around his phone really quickly.

I wish I was like him.

He is my role model.

"CALUM"

"OKAY, SORRY" I yelled back and ran to the guitar racks and took my favourite bass.

10 minutes passed and I was still holding my bass, intrigued with Michael and his fast fingers.

"BOYS, YOU'RE ON NOW" Adam yelled, rubbing his temples. You could tell he was very stressed.

"Calm down Adam. Jeez" Ashton said, walking from behind, playing with his drumsticks.

Luke walked out of the bathroom.

He had changed his outfit for the 5th time since we got here.

"I'm happy with my clothes" he stated.

"Good, now you're all here, go on stage before I crack it and shoot myself" Adam said. Luke and Michael grabbed their guitars and Ashton had his drumsticks.

We walked onto the stage.

"HELLOO" Michael said into the microphone.

"WE ARE 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER AND WE HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAVING A WONDERFUL EVENING" I said into the microphone. My lisp making me sound dumb and retarded.

The crowd screamed louder.

Luke laughed.

"I'M LUKE"

"I'M MICHAEL"

"I'M ASHTON"

"AND IM CALUM" I said, lastly.

It was very stuffy up here on stage. I don't think it'll be any good down there.

I felt sorry for everybody who was in the audience.

All this shit just to see One Direction.

They're just people.

They're not even special or anything.

They are the most normal human beings.

Idk why people are so desperate to see them.

I stopped thinking when I heard Ashton hit the drums to the beat of Over and Over.

I started playing and Luke and I sung. My voice echoed over all the screaming girls and a few boys.

I began my solo and I slowly strummed on my bass.

We finished our set and we left the stage.

One Direction came up to us and congratulated us on playing very well tonight.

Luke slapped me on the back and that startled me.

"That was fun" he said.

"Yeah" I said back, bluntly.