♡Ch 17♡

I dropped to my knees. My future lives laid in peices. Levi was absolutely livid.

"You ruined our wedding, and you've destroyed Eren's cycle." He muttered. "You have a deathwish."

"Kill her!" I exploded, starling everyone. "Gut her from this life on, Levi. Do you understand?"

He kneeled down and embraced me. "As you wish, amour."

Armin objected, "Wait, seriously? Shouldn't we think about this."

"Armin," I shouted, "she's destroyed my cycle. This is my last life!" My sobs became unintelligible.

Even Levi shed a few tears in grief. He tried to hold back his panic to comfort me, but I could see the defeat in his eyes. Maria jumped into my lap to calm me. Armin was fidgeting to the side.

I would never see my mom or Levi again. This time I'd die for good while my loved ones carry on without me. My hand closed around the three fragments that once formed the core of my reincarnation.

Levi glowered, "You took away his core life, so I'm going to take away yours. Where's your reincarnation peice, Hange?"

She stayed silent. Levi sighed, turning to Armin, "If she's told you, Arlert, now would be the time to confess. You might just help your best friend on his last life."

Hange went wide eyed and stared at him. Levi stood and placed a hand on Armin's shoulder. "Let's make it count for him, right?"

Hange suddenly began to struggle, begging Armin to not say anything. Now, it was obvious he knew something.

"Armin, do it now! The key is broken!" She yelled desperately.

Levi and I shot our heads to her. I sinking feeling swarmed my stomach, one deeper than seeing my key broken. The expression of guilt confirmed his betrayal. He pulled a gun from his back, aiming it at me.

Levi stepped in the line of fire to protect me. Erwin and the other men pulled guns of their own. It was a showdown of who pulled the trigger first. If Levi was shot, he could easily die, and Eren would never see him again.

Hange called for Armin to shoot, but the barrel was shakey. After a breath-holding minute, he flipped the safety on.

"I can't do it, not to my bestfriend." He declared. "Her eyepatch, said it was in a secret compartment somewhere. I don't know where."

Levi and I both grew instant deep respect for Armin. It lifted my mood just a bit. I ran up and hugged my friend.

Levi ordered, "Search her office, the cabin, everywhere she's been. Tear every wall, rip open every container. Find it."

Armin apologized, "Eren, I'm sorry. I just wanted what was best, and Hange said -" His voice trailed off.

I shook my head. "You came through in the end, just like Levi did. I don't know what lies she told you, but she's wrong."

The men pulled Hange off. Levi nodded to Armin in approval before following them. My smile faded looking down at my broken key. Armin's face stressed.

"Maybe Hange's theory is wrong," suggested Armin, trying to give me some hope. "She said it was an experiment after all."

I sat on the couch, my friend joining me. He tried to give me things to be happy about, but the thought of it all being over made my world seem small. My clock wouldn't wind back this time. These were my last few years.

Armin, strangely, was still nervous. There was something on his mind.

"You're my closest friend, Eren, so please, don't be mad." He blurted out of no where. "I'll end Levi's cycle too if it means anything."

"What-"

BANG!

I sharp pain sunk in my chest. The peices of my key clinked as they slipped through my fingers and hit the wooden floor. I felt like I couldn't breath, it was so painful, but I couldn't scream. Armin stared me in the eye as I hit the floor. I could tell from my tingling fingertips, the shot was fatal.

"I needed a clear shot."

The den's door slammed open, and the seconds following, Armin hit the ground, blood pooling around his head. Cold hands picked me up. Levi was trembling, screaming for his men to call an abulance.

"Find me again." I wistfully smiled up at him. "Love every version you find."

He was in hysterics. Usually, death wasn't such a big deal, but this was the final one. It called for real grief. The peices of the key brushed against my leg. I scooped them up and held them out.

"Goodbye, captain."

The weakness was getting stronger. Levi was yelling and begging me to stay. It was an odd sensation to feel my heart stop while still hearing Levi cry.

Levi would be alone. Hange would probably carry on with Armin. My dad might kill my mother again. Maria doesn't have a cycle.

I didn't want to die yet.

|♡|♡|♡|

Follow, Vote, and Comment!

Toodles~