𝟎𝟓. 𝐀 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

"Where are we going today?" Gemini asked as she and Aries walked down the bustling streets of Eden

"Where are we going today?" Gemini asked as she and Aries walked down the bustling streets of Eden. It was her second trial and the country was buzzing with news of her first trial from the day before.

He didn't answer as they approached a large white and gold structure. His blood was still simmering from the stunt that Gemini had pulled earlier. At least she didn't fight and immediately went to bed to get a good five hours of sleep.

Oblivious to her mentor's anger, Gemini stared up in awe at the Museum at the heart of the Maze of Temples. No matter how many times she had seen it, it never failed to impress her.

Every time a new god was crowned, the people built a temple in his or her honour to celebrate their ascension as a god. The people designed the temple and built it themselves, creating a maze of intricate temples. And at the centre of the "maze" was the Museum of Eden, the most iconic and important building in the whole of Eden. If Eden was to go into war, the Museum must be protected at all costs-that was the number one rule in The Council Handbook.

As she walked up the grand marble staircase, Gemini could the see temples of the eldest gods such as Nyx and Pisces. The eldest gods were the first gods of every council and had to go through the trials without a mentor, fighting and struggling through them on their own. That itself showed true bravery, courage and perseverance. Thus they all have grander temples that were closer towards the heart of the maze where the Museum was.

She turned to Aries and asked, "What are we doing here?"

Aries didn't even glance at her as he pushed through the grand double doors made out of dark wood with elaborate gold handles. "We're going to your second trial."

Gemini rolled her eyes. Typical. "Wow, I totally did not know that."

Aries just huffed and stormed through the grand foyer towards the Zodiac wing. You might think how on earth do you keep adding new wings dedicated to each council of gods, but the Museum is magical like many things in Eden.

Rumour says that the Museum was once a god on the very first council, but was killed in battle. The rest of the council were grief-stricken as they surrounded his dead body and decided to preserve his spirit in a magical Museum dedicated to history in remembrance of his passion for the subject. Engraved on the grand double doors of the Museum was one of his most iconic quotes.

History is not just boring records,
but stories of people and their struggles.
It tells of the rise and fall of nations
so that we can learn from the past
and do better in the future.

They stopped in the circular foyer of the Zodiac Council wing. Below her was a polished wooden floor and above her was a gold dome ceiling. The foyer was shaped to look like the actual throne room in the Council building with the thrones and statues and all. Each god was meticulously carved out, not a single detail was spared. The sculptures were so life-like that if they weren't white, Gemini would've thought they were the actual gods sitting there.