𝟎𝟔. 𝐀 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐎𝐟𝐟

Gemini felt as though her brain had just died after those thirty brutal questions

Gemini felt as though her brain had just died after those thirty brutal questions. Although she was proud that Eden had such a long and rich history, sometimes she hated it because there was just too much to remember.

"You did well," Aries said as they walked out of the Museum. The sun was at its lowest point and was nearly completely below the horizon. The sky was a mix of dark blue and purple, but that brought out the beautiful twinkling of the stars above.

"Thanks," she said shyly. Aries barely complimented anyone, but when he did, he meant it. "I couldn't have done it without you."

Aries flashed her his signature smirk before he walked down the street towards the city. "Come on, let's get some dinner. You deserve it and I would like to apologise for what happened with Ophiuchus as well."

Gemini couldn't help but feel like a teenager who was having her first crush. Her heart started racing at the possible meanings behind his statement. Calm down, she told herself. He's just being nice. It doesn't mean anything. And don't I hate him? He killed Ophiuchus...but it isn't really his fault...God, what is happening to me?

"Gemini?" Aries prompted, looking back at her, concerned. "You okay?"

"Y-yeah." She silently cursed herself for stuttering.

"So...dinner?"

"Yeah, sure," she said as casually as possible, silently hoping that he wouldn't suspect anything. He looked at her weirdly before leading into a modest-looking café.

"Table for two please," he said to the nearest waitress who guided them to a small table in the corner. "Now, what do you feel like eating?" he asked her, handing her the menu.

Gemini's mouth watered as she flipped through the menu. Everything sounded so good and the pictures were so pretty. What should she eat?

Lobster rolls with fresh lobsters from the market stuffed into slightly toasted bread, drizzled with dressing and a serving of fresh fries? Tender chicken pieces cooked with eggs, potatoes and fragrant rice seasoned with Indian spices? Nasi Lemak consisting of fragrant rice cooked in coconut milk and pandan leaf with fried chicken, crunchy peanuts and a few slices of cool cucumber? Or chicken rice? Poached chicken and seasoned rice with cucumber slices and a tea egg.

"Food sounds too good? I can practically see you salivating," Aries commented, breaking Gemini out of her food trance.

"Not my fault," she pouted. "I'll have the chicken rice. It sounds very tasty and simple."

"Good choice. Now, any drinks?"

"Fruit punch, please."