𝟏𝟐. 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦

Gemini collapsed on her bed, utterly exhausted

Gemini collapsed on her bed, utterly exhausted. She had just returned from her sixth trial, and she wanted nothing more than to just sleep for the next thirty-six hours, but of course, she couldn't.

Over the three and a half weeks after the Great Waterfall trial, she had another two trials. Between the trials, some of the gods had come down to coach her on some important skills that every god must have.

In the fifth trial, she had to learn the painful lesson of serving the people instead of herself, something she had initially thought she was ready for. The trial was eye-opening, to say the least. She certainly did not expect it to be that difficult. Guess she wasn't as prepared as she thought she was.

Meanwhile, in between trials, the various gods had came down to coach her on how to become a god. It had been a fun couple of sessions. The gods were quite friendly and were eager to help whenever they could. The lessons weren't boring like Gemini had expected, but were quite enjoyable with lots of jokes and funny stories. But when it was time to focus, they became very serious.

They went through The Council Handbook thoroughly, ensuring that she was clear about what was really at stake and that it was still not too late to pull out. In addition to that, that had taught her some essential skills such as fighting which was much more advanced than the self-defence they were taught in school. She was trained with various weaponry and scenarios so that she was well prepared.

In the event that after she had passed all her trials, but was rejected as a god, she would either go into the army or join the administrative body. If she passed all the trials set by the gods, the crystal ball of Ursa Minor would have the final say as to whether she was worthy or not. The ball, powered by sorcery as old as Eden, has the ability to look into her soul and judge her true character before awarding her a title if deemed worthy.

Gemini sighed as she pulled the covers over her head and shifted into a more comfortable position.
Just then, Zadkiel entered the room with a cup of tea in her hands. "Hey, honey, why are you still up?"

Gemini removed the covers from her head and said, "What if the ball doesn't deem me worthy? I don't want to disappoint you guys."

Zadkiel set the cup of tea aside and sat on the edge of the bed. "Tell me, Gem, do you really want to be a god?"

Gemini frowned. "Of course I do!"

"Why?"

"Because I have always wanted to make a difference to the world. It is a huge responsibility, yes, but I believe that it would be worth the blood, sweat, and tears. Whatever happens, Eden comes first, and I want to be able to help my country instead of sitting at home, waiting for instructions," Gemini said immediately.

Zadkiel smiled, gently stroking Gemini's hair. "Just focus on your last trial tomorrow. As long as you do your best, that'll be enough because you are worthy, Gem. Don't ever doubt yourself. And if things go south, hold your head high and learn from it. But whatever happens, your father and I will always be here for you."

・‥...━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

Who are three people who've stuck by you without fail?

Which two songs inspire you?

What's one thing that you're grateful for in your life?