Chapter Seventeen

Five had blinked them to a corn field. A car was in a pit, and to be honest, the corn wasn't very tall. It only reached the top on my forehead.

Five and I walked through the corn looking for Vanya. I stopped in my tracks when there was a huge spot where the corn was flat.

"Holy shit. Did those three brothers come after her?" I asked, looking down at the ground.

"Yeah... this may be the first time she has used her powers since a year or so." Five said. We countied through the field of corn.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw some movement, and Five moved the plants to show a Vanya sitting on the ground with her knees to her chest.

"Hi, Vanya." Five said, smirking.

"Who are you guys?" She asked, looking up.

"I am your brother." Five said.

"Uh, I am Hugo. Hugo Miller." I said, giving her a small smile.

"I have a brother? Also, I am pretty sure I have seen you around somewhere." Vanya said, getting up off the ground.

"Look, you can either stay here and wait for the IKEA mafia to kill you, or you can come with us." Five said, leaving to the clear patch.

"Wh- why do they want to kill me?" Vanya asked, following me and Five.

"Cause you're not supposed to be here." Five said.

"None of us are supposed to be here." I added.

"In Dallas?" She asked.

"No, in 1963." Five said.

"Holy shit." Vanya said as she continued to follow us.

"Pretty crazy right? It's good to see your powers are still intact. Let's go." Five said.

"What's going on?" Vanya asked, chasing me and Five to where she had left her car.

"Let's get you somewhere safer, and we'll talk later." I said.

"I know a coffee shop nearby. We'll head there." Five said.

"Okay." Vanya muttered, still following us.

We opened the car, and Vanya sat in the back, and I sat in the passenger seat while Five drove. Vanya looked out the window while Five and I looked straight.

Once we got to the coffee shop, I paused outside the shop.

"Hugo?" Five asked.

"Look at the sign." I said, and I pointed at the window. I am pretty sure this was the place Allsion wanted to do her ratio she was planning, or whatever. The sign read 'whites only' God, I hate the 60s.

"Shit. Uh, Hugo, I am sorry. Maybe wait in the car we won't be long." Five said, and before he walked in with Vanya, he gave me hand a squeeze.

"Yeah." I said, and I sat back into the car. I wonder what it would be like if my siblings were here. Then, aging, they weren't born yet. My parents probably haven't even met yet.

I bet Lisa and Ruby would have been friends. Miles would have hated Five and probably his siblings. Maybe not Vanya, Miles was a football guy, but he was a big bookworm, and he played guitar. He was so good at it.

Ruby would have fought with Lisa a little. Saying that she was just trying to replace her. I would never replace Ruby, but I am sure they would have bonded over their love of watch musicals and listening to music.

I heard open, and Vanya crawled in the back, Five in the driver's seat.

"Alright, we're going after Luther. Do you remember where he is?" Five asked me.