Chapter 7

There's a heavy snow falling outside my window

There's a heavy snow falling outside my window. It's blanketing everything within sight, and under the night's full moon, the scene looks surreal. I want to step outside on the balcony and toss my phone into the snowflakes, but I can't seem to stop listening to Adam's latest speech.

"Please stop calling me, Adam. I took a flight to get away from you for a reason." I sigh.
"Tell me where you are so I can drive to you. It doesn't matter how far. Please." He actually sounds sincere.
"No, thank you."
"Paris, I'm sorry. I really want us to work this out."
"What's the point, Adam? Do you even love me anymore? Did you ever?"
"What type of question is that? Of course, I loved you. I still do."
"That's why you want to marry me?" Tears have been falling down my face ever since I stupidly picked up the phone.
"Yes, Paris. That's exactly why. I want to spend the rest of my life with you."
"So, if I say no, if I say that I think we should wait a few years. What would you say to that?"
"Why would you say no?" He hesitates.
"Answer the question."
"Babe! Seriously, where are you? We need to discuss this in person. "
"We can discuss it right now. You still haven't answered my question." I wipe my face on my sleeve.
"If you said no... I guess I would just let you say no... But I would also say that it would probably be easier for us if we got married." There's a bit of anger in his voice.
"Easier?"
"Financially easier. I'll make partner a lot sooner if we're married, and I'll be able to send you to whatever writing school you want. Well, after I go back to get my PhD, but that's only a few more years."
"Goodbye, Adam." I end the call and turn off my phone.

More tears stream down my face and I check the time : 3 o' clock in the morning. I know that I shouldn't have picked up, but a small, ignorant part of me honestly thought that he would beg to have me back, that he would finally act like the man that I wanted him to be.

I turn on the lamp and pull out my list. I look over number 2; "Stop thinking about him." and put a checkmark by it. I won't be answering his phone calls anymore.

***

"Paris? Is something wrong? Are you sick?" SeokJin's voice is in my ear. I murmur and roll over to face him.
The second I open my eyes; I almost fall out of the bed. He's damn near naked. He's only wearing a towel around his waist, and small droplets of water are trickling down his tattooed chest. To make matters worse, the imprint of his dick, his HUGE dick, can clearly be seen through the towel. Holy shit...

 Holy shit