Chapter One

"Demi what are you doing?" Kimberly asked her friend who was sitting on the couch in her dressing room. Demi turned to look at her and smiled.

"Kimmy you were here. Nothing, just thinking." She said shaking her head.

Her friend and stylist nodded not entirely convinced but ignoring the fact.

"Ok. I have to touch you up, in 10 minutes you're back on the show "Kim spoke and Demi walked to  at a high chair next to a mirror and sat on it with a small jump.

Demi's hair stylist walked in with a flat iron and straightned her already strightned hair while Kimmy retouched Demi's makeup

"I love the makeup you did today Kimmy. I like how you combined the black and gold with salmon " Demi complimented smiling and closed his eyes just in time for her stylist to spray her hair.

Kimberly did and ovation at her friend and laughed.

"I'm glad you like it, you look beautiful" She honestly said.

"You're out in five Demi!" A man from the other side of the dressing room door shouted.

"Coming!" She yelled back.

The hair stylist left without a word leaving Kimberly alone with Demi.

"Are you going to tell me what you were thinking about when I arrived?" Kim asked curious.

Demi let out a deep sigh and closed her eyes.

"I've been talking to Niall a lot lately" She let out and a smile formed on her lips.

Kim's heart jumped, Niall Horan... The boy she was in love with but never said anything because she knew how Niall always liked Demi.

"Oh. Ahem. And... what happened? " She asked trying to sound as casual as possible. She was struggling to breathe. Are they now dating? No, no, no. That can't be possible.

Demi opened her eyes: "Tell you later. It's getting late." she said and with a little jump she got off the chair and ran out door but not before turning around and blowing Kim a kiss.

Kim plopped herself on the couch and began to fear the worst. Niall and the rest of One Direction know Kim because sometimes they all went out together to parties when they were in L.A.

A knock on the door of the dressing room caught Kim by surprise. She opened the door and met those beautiful blue eyes belonging to Niall. He gave her a confused look. He held flowers in his hand. Kim's heart sank into the depths of her soul, those were for Demi.

"Oh, Hi Kim. I wanted to see Demi, is she here?" He spoke.

Kim faced her shoes and said in a low voice: "No, she is back on the show. But you can wait here"

"Eerm, well okay. So, how have you been? " he made conversation. She stepped aside so he could walk in.

"I've been good. You? "She asked rather distant and cold.

"I've been great. Seems like I'm getting the big chance with Demi tonight. Finally! don't you think?" He smiled excited.

Kim, who was busy looking for a nonexistent object in her bag rose up her face to finally look at him.

She saw the expression of happiness on his face, how his blue eyes sparkled. If only he knew how much he was destroying her heart.

Her face softened and she offered him a smile, a little forced though.

"Yes! Good luck with that" She lied with a deep pain in the chest. She wanted to burst into tears but what would that solve? Niall was madly in love with Demi. And Kim? Well, she was just a friend to him and always would be just that.

"Thank you, really." The blonde answered her, never wiping the smile off his face.

Kim have had enough being in there. She wanted to leave so badly and cry.

That's what she gets for loving the wrong guy, she could have accepted dating some other guy and be happy, but she just hoped one day Niall saw her as more than a friend.

"Are you okay Kim?" Niall asked getting up from his chair and walking towards her. She was still facing away from him staring at the floor, her eyes watery. She felt a soft, warm hand on her shoulder and she made an effort to wipe her tears away.

She nodded without turning around and said, "I'm perfectly fine, don't worry Niall. Just a little tired. That's all. "

Niall pulled away his hand from her shoulder and although he was unconvinced, decided not to insist.

"Ok, you should go on vacation to rest or something," he suggested. She managed to compose herself and turned slowly around.

"Maybe, but for now I can't. I have a lot of work" She said with a small smile. Kim felt so weak, so damn vulnerable in front of him.

Kelly entered the dressing room, she was in charge of wardrobe.

"Kim, you can come here for a second please? You'll have to do a participant's makeup" She said. Then she noticed Niall.

"Oh Niall. Hey how are you?" She greeted.

"Hi Kelly, I'm waiting for Demi" He winked.

"Ah that's great. Good Luck! "She replied putting her thumbs up in the air.

Was he really going to tell everyone about him waiting for 'Demi'? Yes, she felt jealous, and angry. She didn't want to feel that way towards her friend but she was so perfect and so good. Niall would be insane if he didn't like her.

Kim left the dressing room following Kelly at a fast pace. They walked into a dressing room and came face to face with the most arrogant and selfish person in the show.

"Cece, she's gonna do your makeup tonight" Kelly said. Cece gave her a 'whatever' look and nodded.

Oh no, she must be joking, do that arrogant and evil creature's makeup? 

"Here's all you need, she's in your hands"  Kelly said and began to check some clothes.

Kim nodded and began her work. Cece complained every few minutes about how she was doing her work making Kim want to stick a brush up her nose.

"Just wait and you'll look great. Please," She mumbled annoyed.

Cece rolled her eyes and shut her mouth.