Chapter Six

She felt a bang and jumped off the couch, she had fallen asleep there. She turned her head toward the door and just saw Demi with a quite goofy expression on her face. Kim stared at her friend and finally faked a smile.

"Sorry, it is very windy outside," Demi said struggling to stand straight and stumbling into the room.

"Are you drunk?" Kim asked raising her eyebrow seeing her wobble around.

"Nooo, shhhhhh." Demi laughed and almost fell down but held herself onto the railing of the stairs making her laugh even more.

Kimberly got up hastily before Demi got hurt, one thing is her feeling jealousy for Niall but deep down she was still her friend and couldn't leave her alone right now. What if she fell and killed herself? It would be terrible. The images flashed through her mind while she wrapped an arm around Demi's waist and helped her get up, took her arm and wrapped it around her neck.

"I can't believe Niall left you alone in these conditions, what the hell's is wrong with him?" Kim snapped forcing them up the steps with Demi resting on her.

Demi could not stop laughing. "N-no I didn't go out with Niall" she slurred smiling and her eyes wandered around. Demi's alcohol breath escaped her mouth making Kim wrinkle her nose.

"What do you mean you didn't go out with Niall? Who do did you go out with? "Kim asked surprised but she also knew that if Demi went out with him it was almost impossible for him to leave her alone in this state or even let her get drunk.

They were almost at the last step when she could answer.

"With C-Cece. We went to a bar to get a few drinkss you know" She slurred gesturing with her hand. Kimberly rolled her eyes angrily,she couldn't stand Cece.

"Next time you go out with that bitch, control youself with your 'drinks', because if you did something wrong, your boyfriend wouldn't be very happy" She snapped at Demi imitating her on the word 'drinks'. They reached Demi's big bedroom and Kim helped her onto the bed.

"Don't get angry Kimmy-Kim. I love you buddyyy" She said hugging tightly Kim's neck. "And please don't tell Nialler" She added.

She removed her arms from her neck that were crushing her and disgustingly feeling her scent of  alcohol.

"Okay. But now you know. And I think you should go to sleep now." She answered a few steps away from her. The blonde took off her shoes and layed on her bed.

"I think I'm gonna...." Demi said hurling.

"Oh SHIT" Kim ran to get a bucket but when she got back it was late, she had thrown up on the ground. She walked over and put the bucket under her face mouth after tying the blonde's hair away from her face.

"Sorry" Demi cried and kept vomiting. "Sorry Kim" She cried.

Kim looked at her with a bit of disgust at seeing her vomit, but she waited. She just stood there until Demi stopped lurching.

"Are you feeling better?" She aked now feeling compassion. Now was when she'd loosen all the rage she held in these days towards her and Niall for their relationship? 

Demi nodded and rested her head on her pillow, drying her tears with his fingers. Kim took the bucket trying not to vomit from the smell and appearance of it and flushed it down the toilet. She took a mop dipped in bleach and cleaned the floor where her friend vomited. Demi was already sideways and snoring softly.

Kim's P.O.V:

I don't even know why I help her, don't know why I'm taking my time to clean up this mess, I should tell everything to Niall, how his girlfriend had behaved that night. But I couldn't, don't know why. I was already starting to feel a headache when I finally finished and went to my room to get some sleep.

Falling alseep was not easy, but I did so after stirring a lot in bed.

Next day.

I woke to the sound of my phone in the morning. I let out an irritated groan and got my phone.

"Mmmh hello?" I spoke half asleep.

"Um yeah, hi Kim were you asleep?" That voice... I jumped on the bed and sat on up my eyes as big as tenis balls and the phone stuck to my ear. My heart was racing, his sweet, angelic voice was unmistakable.

"Hi Niall? Yeah I was asleep. What's wrong? "I asked confused.

"Yeh it's me, sorry to bother you but Demi isn't answering my calls and I'm a bit worried. Is she asleep?"

How stupid of me, thinking he'd actually call up to see how I was.

"Yes, she's still asleep. Want me to wake her up for you? "

"Oh, no I just wanted to know that she's ok. I was worried, d'you know if she went out last night? "

I began to despair because I had to lie, and do it well. Niall wasn't stupid.

"Nope, I have no idea" I said, trying to sound clueless.

"Hmmm ok then, thank you and sorry for waking you Kim"

"No problem." I said quickly.

"Bye, see ya"

"Goodbye."

I hung up and let out a sigh. He would never call me in the morning to see how I am, to ask me how I was and other seet things. I felt a stab in the middle of my heart while tears streamed down my face. I stifled a sob wiping my tears away with anger.

"No way... I promised myself not to cry anymore over Niall. It's his loss" I whispered to myself.

I stood before the mirror and looked at my reflection. My face and hair were looking quite messed up, and I saw a dark circles under my green eyes. I needed a makeover to feel better. I went into the bathroom, took a shower, got dressed and applied some natural makeup.

Before going to breakfast I walked through Demi's room who was still fast asleep.

After an hour Demi came into the kitchen, mascara stained eyes, hair frizzy and a tired look on her face. She looked like shit.

"Morning" I said, raising my eyebrows.

"Morning. I feel so shitty. I'll have to drink something for my sick stomach."She said with disgust stirring the cabinet where we kept medicine and our first aid kit.

"Niall called me" I said clearing my throat. She spit out the water she was drinking after a pill.

"WHAT? What did he say? "She asked eyes like tennis balls facing me.

"Nothing, he wanted to talk to you.  He called me because you didn't answer his calls. I said you were just sleeping" I replied calmly. "But I think he suspects something," I added.

The expression on her face was pure guilt. But why feel so guilty? For the state in which she arrived early this morning and didn't want Niall to find out, or because she's hiding something else?

"Damn." She mumbled. "Well thanks for taking care of me Kimmy. And I'm sorry you had to see me like that" She spoke sadly.

"It's okay," I replied.

"And ... What happened with Justin?" She asked changing the subject and pouring herself a glass of juice.

I sighed remembering our little fight and the fact saddened me a bit, he is my best friend after all. I missed him but my pride was so big that I wasn't gonna call him.

"Nothing, we had a little argument. But we'll be fine... "I said briefly without explaining much. Demi sat next to me on the table and gave me a sympathetic look.

"Call him" She encouraged me with a smile.

"No."

"Come on, don't be so proud Kimmy" She laughed.

"No, you know how I am. I can be very proud." I replied.

--