Chapter Two

Cece left to sing, quite pleased with her final look. After the show was over and Kim was leaving  she realized that she should go back to Demi's dressing room to get her bag. How could she forget it?

The door was ajar just enough for her to see the terrifying scene.

Niall and Demi kissing passionately. Suddenly she felt a stab in the chest and the need to scream.

Shee waited until they had stopped kissing to knock, holding back tears.

"Come in," Demi cleared her throat. Niall looked at Kimberly over Demi's shoulder and sensed something was wrong by the look on her face. Demi spun around and looked surprised at Kimberly who silently packed her bag and turned to leave.

"Hey what's wrong Kimmy? Aren't you going to say goodbye? "Demi asked in a sad tone.

Kim swallowed and without turning around spoke. "Sorry. Bye guys, I'm just very tired. "

"Okay. I'll be home late!" Demi yelled at her.

Without answering Kim walked out of the dressing room and closed the door behind her. (Demi and Kim lived together)

It was so obvious that this was gonna happen! She thought to herself...  Without talking to anyone else in the studio and facing the ground she left to get on a cab and go home to sleep.

She exited the door and ran into someone.

"Oops, sorry. Didn't see you" A male voice spoke.

"It's okay" Kim replied. She looked up.

"Justin?" she recognized her best friend.

 "Kimmy" He smiled and kissed her on the cheek. "You out of work?"

"Um, yeah. " Kim answered. Justin felt that something bad was going on by the sound of her voice and her eyes.

"Is something wrong?" He looked worried. She looked away.

"What were you doing in here?"She asked.

"Don't avoid my question, what's wrong?"

"It's a long story" she sighed. "Why are you here?"

"Well, I'm waiting for Niall. He said we'd go for a burger now"

"I don't think he'll go out with you. He's too busy with his new girlfriend." Kim replied a bit of anger in her tone.

Justin gave her a weird look.

"What? New Girlfriend? WHO?" He asked. Kim's eyes met his .

"Demi" she said quietly trying to hold in a sob. A cry of pain. Justin gave her a sympathetic look and hugged her.

"Is that so? How do you know they're dating? "He asked puzzled.

"I saw them kissing in there. Justin, he broke my heart. I just can't "At last she cried in his arms.

"Shh, quiet. It'll be fine. Please don't cry, he is so blind. How could not you see what you're worth?" He comforted her friend. She just began to cry uncontrollably.

"I'm done Jay Be. I won't fall in love ever again."  Kim said pulling away from the hug and wiping her tears away.

"What are you saying? Nonsense, just because a guy doesn't see what you're worth doesn't mean no one else can. Don't ever give up on love "Justin held her shoulders and stared into her eyes.

She let out a sigh.

"It's over. I don't want anymore suffer. That's all "She replied.

Suddenly Justin's phone rang. He searched in his pockets until he found it.

"It's Niall" he said. Kim only signaled for him to answer.

"Niall man, how's it going? Wow, you tell me all about it later then Ok? No problem, I'll go out with Kimmy tonight"

Kim gave him an incredulous look and he winked back at her.

"Bye bro take care! "He hung up and looked at Kim who was staring at him with her eyebrow raised.

"What do you mean, 'I will go out with Kimmy tonight'?" She asked mocking Justin's voice. Justin only laughed.

"Aw don't get pissed! Want to get something to eat with me? "He made a cute face at her.

"I'm NOT in the mood Drew" Kim grumbled.

"Oh come on, you'll have fun! I don't want to see you sad. Please say yes?"He took her arm and gave her a charming smile. She rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Fine, after we eat you take me to my house ok? "

"Okay Kimmy. Let's go"He said smiling and linked his arm with hers.

That night they ate, laughed and had a great time. Kim had almost forgotten about Niall and Demi.

Justin dropped her off and she thanked him for everything. Oh if she only knew that Justin was in love with her ... Would he ever have the courage to confess it? He saw her leave from the window of the car and open the door of her house.

She turned around and waved to which he replied in the same way.

She's so cute. Hopefully one day she can fall in love with me... Justin thought. He then drove his car back home to have some.

As soon as Kim laid her head on her pillow and despite her tiredness she couldn't help thinking of Niall and Demi. She let out a few tears of pain and when she least knew it, fell asleep.