Chapter 10: Day 23 continued

Here's some dating advice: Don't. Just don't.

Also be sure to check out my The Robot Izuocha story.

To say this was unexpected would be an understatement. Not only was the man who Izuku and Ochako were looking for alive, he was not the only one. An entire village was in fact thriving in the heart of the island.

Several huts, better than Izuku and Ochakos, were built everywhere. There was even pathways connecting everywhere. Some stores were set up as well and the area looked amazing overall. Especially considering they're in the middle of nowhere.

" This is unbelievable!" Ochako was both surprised and happy at this wonderful sight before them.

"Come" Rain headed deeper into the village and Izuku and Ochako followed closely, still looking around at the magnificent sight.

Most people in the village didn't seem to pay them any mind, they were all busy doing their own thing. A few kids ran by them playing tag. This place even had kids living there. Amazing!

" How long have you been here Rai?" Izuku asked.

"Hard to say how long exactly, but years at the very least. Come into my home" Rai walked through a door with several vines going down from the top to the floor. Izuku and Ochako also went inside, and the hut was very well put together. There were several made chairs, tables, mostly basic stuff but still impressive to have on an island in the middle of nowhere.

"Please sit. Make yourself at home. I will fetch some food" Rai disappeared into another room to fetch something to eat leaving Izuku and Ochako alone.

" Isn't this great Deku?!" Ochako was feeling full of hope now.

"Yeah it is. I don't know how long we will stay though" Izuku looked around a tad more.

"Maybe if we are lucky we can stay! They seem to doing amazing, what can two more hurt?...hm?" Ochako caught something in the corner of her. " Deku look!" Ochako got his attention and Izuku looked to see a young boy sticking his head out behind a wall.

The boy came out from behind and approached the two. He couldn't have been older than 10. His facial features consisted of black hair, blue eyes, and a few freckles.

"Hey little one! What's your name?" Ochako asked greeting the young kid.

The kid didn't say a word. Instead he grabbed her hand and tugged on it, almost like he wanted to show her something.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Ochako asked worried cause he was pulling pretty hard.

Izuku looked at his neck to find a cut that wasn't too noticable, but Izuku could see it clearly and it didn't look like a normal cut.

The boy shook his head at Ochako's question. Before Ochako or Izuku could say anything else, Rai came back holding a basket full of goodies.

" Tai, please leave our guest be. They've had a long trip and need to rest." Rai shooed the boy away who held his head down as he walked away. " I'm sorry about that. He's pretty scared easily, he hasn't seen anyone new before aside from anyone born. Here I brought some berries, bread, and some cheese" He placed the basket down in between the two.

" That bo-

" You may call him Tai" Rai interrupted Izuku.

" Um Tai had a bit of a cut on his neck. " Izuku couldn't see his face, but he watched as Rai's eyes twitched with what Izuku was saying.

" I'm afraid it's still not that safe in our village. We are in the middle of a jungle on a island after all. When Rai was little, a wild animal got ahold of him. Now unfortunately he is unable to speak ever again." Rai took a seat as he was explaining. " He is the lucky one though. His parents were killed by the beast before we could get to them in time. I wish I had done more to help" His expression wasn't seen, but his voice showed that he didn't like talking about it.