Chapter 11: Day 28 and 29

Damnit...I took another long ass break but let's try again.

Also I don't remember if they're ages were said yet. So they're 20. If it was ever said before, it's override now.

Things were a bit awkward between Izuku and Ochako now. It hasn't even been a week yet since they arrived to this village smack down in the middle of the island, meaning they had slept in the same bed against one another for a few nights.

The first night they both thought that they had just dreamt the whole thing. Imagine their faces when they saw each other in the same bed once they woke up. It had been so awkward they didn't really talk to each other.

Even if they had wanted to, they didn't have much time to do so. It's clear that this village wasn't made up in just one night. Everyone here worked hard to keep things running, and they both weren't just going to sit around.

The village seemed pretty old school. Most women cared for the few children in the village or went gathering. Ochako didn't have too much experience with children so she helped gathering berries, water, and other supplies.

Izuku on the other hand went to help fish, hunt, and he also began to learn how to make weapons. It was much safer than going alone/just with Ochako as they did these in gropus.

The only complaint they would have is it doesn't seem like everyone was ready to trust them yet. They kept eyeing them like they were always on guard, which was a bit understandable as they were new.

After a long day of work the two would find themselves back at their new hut, which has a decent amount of space. And today they were very exhausted.

" I had to fight a wild tiger today. I thought I was a goner for sure" Izuku said leaning back into a chair.

"At least you have a bunch of men with weapons. We only have about two with us, they don't even let us women hold weapons which really makes us vulnerable when gathering." Ochako herself was also in a chair with her face on the table.

"We still need to head back to the beach and leave a message so everyone knows where we are in case anyone comes back." Izuku suggested.

" Let's do it tomorrow. I'm much too tired and I feel filthy. I'm going to take a shower " She said standing up.

"I'll take one when you're done " Izuku said to which Ochako nodded in agreement.

She went into another room and grabbed a huge sack of water and hung it high in the corner after closing the door. She took everything off and poked small holes into the sack letting small amounts of water come out of it. She cleaned herself the best she could and as quick as she could too since it wasn't going to last forever.

After cleaning herself she dried herself off as best as she could and threw on some new clothes. Thankfully clothes weren't a problem, and it was great to get some new ones after wearing her old ones for far too long. She was even given new pads and tampons to deal with her women issues. She was glad she didn't need those at the moment.

After finishing up she went out the room to see Izuku mixing some fruits onto a plate with some cooked meat.

"Making dinner?" Ochako asked standing behind him.

"Yeah. It's not different than what we have had so far unfortunately" He said while finishing up.

"We shouldn't complain. " She stole a blueberry off his plate before sitting down across him.

" I know.... Do you think everyone is still searching for us?" Izuku asked out of nowhere.

Ochako thought for a minute before responding. " Of course they are. I'm sure your mom hasn't stopped crying yet"