Foreword/Recap

Hello everypony,

As mentioned in the summary, this is a continuation of my other fic, Temporary Secretary. It is not completely necessary to have read the first story to understand this one, I will summarise the previous events here (so major spoilers for TS here, if that is an issue, despite having clicked on the sequel story).

Paul McCartney never met John Lennon at the Woolton Village Fete. (I personally like to think Paul succeeded in his original goal for the day: finding a girl and ploughing her). He had interest in music, but never joined the quarrymen or pursued it as a career. His history with George Harrison is unchanged, having met him in school, they still had their little adventures together as they did in real life :)

To make a living for himself, Paul attends law school, and pursues a career as a solicitor. He whores around, perhaps to a lesser extent (though still outrageously) during the early 60s, but finds love with a woman called Angie. He proposes to and marries her in 1966, as well as obtains his degree. He began work in 1968, specialising in copyright and music law, in which he quickly gained a good reputation as personable and competent. He became a prominent name in the industry.

Unfortunately, Angie passes away in 1970. In grief, Paul hides away in the countryside, in his inherited farmhouse, taking a leave from his promising career. Being closer to farm animals, he decides to be vegetarian. Angie and him were unable to have children.

George remains friends with Paul, though ends up pursuing a career in music. They remain in contact, working in the same industry. Up to interpretation whether he was in a group, or solo from the start. (I like to think he began as a session man, making a name for himself on his own merit, releasing singles here and there, before dropping All Things Must Pass in 1970.

The Beatles did not exist, but there was still a lesser-scale British Invasion in the 60s. The Kinks were the most recognizable, and many groups had the same "Mop Top" haircuts during the era. Other than this, the world is not very different.

In 1972, Paul returns to London, purchasing a two bedroom flat in Mayfair. He re-establishes himself as a prominent figure in music law.

Widowed and untethered, Paul returns to his promiscuous roots. Due to the demanding nature of his job, he doesn't have much time for clubs or dating. He comes onto his secretaries, often they reciprocate, and he gets his fix. He considers his late wife his one and only love, and does not keep them around for too long.

Yet, he feels some emptiness as the years go by. He always wanted children, and to settle down someday after his wild days. He began to accept his fate as a lifelong bachelor, devoting himself to his work.

September 1980, he hires a new secretary. She had applied after her previous company dissolved, and needed a temporary position during the meantime.

They begin their fling, but not in the usual way. Paul gets off to being dominated, and becomes emotionally dependent.

Months later, her previous company is reinstated, and she is invited back on, not only a better position, but a raise. She accepts, leaving Paul her two week notice. She believed it was best they parted ways, the affair nice while it lasted.

Paul invites her to an album release the day after her last week, one last excursion. He rents an upscale hotel room and they plough.

She does not stay the night, saying goodbye, and leaving forever.

She begins to work her new position. All seems well... and yet, she does not feel like herself.

Oopsie.

She had been unable to come to her last week of work due to illness, miraculously cured the day of the album release. However, she didn't take her pill that whole week.

They reconnect, and Paul takes it well. He presses her to move in with him, taking responsibility without hesitation. He offers marriage, which she turns down. She resigns to keeping it, though thinks it best if they are not romantically involved.

That lasts little over a month, and they give into their desires. They are ploughing again, enjoying the honeymoon period.

On the 5th of November, 1981, she delivers a daughter, which Paul names Rosemary Charlotte.

December of 1981, Paul takes off work to spend time with the both of them. This is where the last story left off.