Introduction to the Snow

It was Simon's first day in Hawaii. All was going absolutely wonderfully. The sun was incredibly pleasant and bright, but it was night now, and the view of the moon was great. He had just got done unpacking and went straight to the beach. Simon, being the extrovert he is, sat down next to someone on the beach and contained the desire to talk to who he was two feet away from. She was also very pretty, and he felt himself blushing. He had to talk to her.
"Hello," Simon finally got out, "I'm Simon. The moon looks absolutely beautiful right now, doesn't it?"
In his mind, that was incredibly awkward.
The girl next to him nodded and smiled.
"It really is. The water really creates a mood, doesn't it?"
"It does."
Simon resisted the urge to say something about her. He didn't want to ruin the situation that was already awkward before.
"So, what brings you here now? No one usually just does this at night."
"It's my first day here, so I thought I'd look at the moon. No regrets."
"That's why I'm here, too, but I live here. Also, my name is Charlene."
Simon smiled, resisting a grin.
This was the best moment he'd ever experienced.
The rest of the night was spent in long conversation—Simon spilling out every part about of himself and his thoughts.