The Mind Electric

Simon awoke to a knock on the door.
He was being arrested.
What a thing to have to deal with right after getting up.
He didn't really pay attention to anything happening, he was too focused on Charlene.
His life had broken into pieces.

Court time already.
Simon claimed he was insane, which wasn't that much of a lie, but he still thought that his motives were fueled purely by love.
He was sentenced to an insane asylum.
Not only that, but there was even more news.
He was going to be receiving electroconvulsive therapy, as if it could get any worse for him. He wouldn't be able to talk anyone out of it, he was the "insane" one here. Why would anyone have a reason to listen to him?
This was all because of Zubin.

All he remembered was a blur of electricity and constant pain. He'd screamed at least once. Simon was surprised that he wasn't already dead. He could still, in his mind, feel the shocks. Faint images of his past popped through his head, but they were too obscured for him to pick out what was happening.
It took many minutes before he saw Charlene, who appeared to be the most real thing to him. No, that wasn't only a feeling, she was with him.
The hallucinations only got worse throughout the week.