Chapter 16

Dom: Dad, what are you doing? We're in the middle of a game.

Silver: Hey, what's goin' on?

Shadow: I don't know.

[Dom] Dad...

(Play a song in the top)

Lebron: Dom, your game is amazing, son. But I guess I would've known that if I would've listened more. Sorry I didn't. For me, when I was a kid, the things that I went through to get where I am now, I had to be a certain way. [sighs] Yeah, it helped me win games, but not so much being a dad. I'm still learning how. You're teaching me. I want you to be yourself. Do you understand how much I love you? Do you understand how important you are to me? How very special you are? I mean, I don't even know if I'm saying this right.

[ball bounces off]

Dom: Sounds right to me.

[tender music playing]

Dom: I love you, Dad.

Lebron: I love you too, son.

[crowd applauding]

Whisper: Oh, now, that's beautiful.

[Granny] Let's go!

[Yosemite Sam] Whoo!

Lola: I think I'm gonna cry.

Bugs: Not me. [wailing]

Lola: Bugs, pull it together.

[Kamiyah] Dom! Dom!

[Dom] Mom! Hey, Xosha!

[Al G.] Are you serious?

[in distorted voice] Zip it!

[crowd quiets]

Al G: You two are a joke, you know that?

Dom: I got this, Dad.

Al G: [in normal voice] Oh, what? You got something to say?

Dom: Yeah. I think you want people to fear you more than anything. And I'm not about that, Al G. I'm playing with my dad.

Al G: First of all, it's Mr. Rhythm to you, you little traitor. Second of all, you're not. You're playing against your dad. (Tune squad glaring at Al G)

Al G: See what this says? "Goon Squad

Al G: See what this says? "Goon Squad." You already made your choice, Dom. Right, Pete? He can't...

[whimpering]

Al G: Pete, are you crying? There's no crying in the Serververse, Pete!

[Al G. scoffs]

Al G: All right. Yeah, all right. I see how it is, Dom. [in distorted voice] I see how it is. I gave you everything!

Foghorn: I say, I say, good to have you, son.

Lola: Great spot for you right here, kid.

[Yosemite Sam] We got 'em now!