the woman who never died part 2

"Why didn't you tell me Tara-sorry, Emily."

"Because I was scared!"

Yasmin couldn't help but wince at the rather heated argument coming from the hospital room. Katsumoto had finally caught a lead on who the person that did the hit-and-run was and had managed to track him down.

He had asked Yasmin to go on ahead to the hospital as they just got word that Tara-Emily?-was coming out of her coma and he wanted her to be on standby to answer questions.

Honestly, she was pretty sure he did that just to get her out of the way a little bit, but she didn't mind because she wanted to see if she could find out exactly what Neil hired Magnum do.

Apparently, however, things were a little bit more complicated with the couple.

Looking around awkwardly Yasmin didn't exactly want to walk into the room so she instead walked over to the reception desk just as her phone rang.

She glanced at it, Katsumoto's name popping up on the screen, and pressed answer.

"Hey Katsumoto, so Tara's out of the coma but-"

"Listen Knight, I just got a call from Thomas Magnum," Katsumoto cut her off. "I don't know what information he has, but he said that Tara might be in danger."

Yasmin froze, remembering that Neil had been calling his fiancée by another name. And in her experience, people didn't just change their name for no reason.

Either they really did not like their name, or they wanted nothing to do with their past life.

"Knight, you still there?"

"Yeah, I'm still here," Yasmin turned around as the elevator dinged. "So, I'm assuming you're taking it seriously."

"I'm sending officers your way and I'll be there as soon as I can-"

"Nobody moves and no one gets hurt!"

The demand was followed by screams as a bald man came out of the elevator with a gun. Yasmin froze, pulling the phone away from her ear as Katsumoto demanded to know what was going on.

She quickly pulled the phone away from her ear, running into the room where Tara and Neil were, hurrying to close the door behind and push the nearest piece of furniture in front of it.

"What's going on?"

Neil demanded and Yasmin whirled back to face him, looking at Tara who was now sitting up.

Yasmin then remembered she had Katsumoto on the other end and quickly put her phone on speaker. "Knight, what the hell is going on?"

"A man just got off the elevator with a gun," She looked at Tara who was wide-eyed. "And I'm going out on a limb here and assume it's why you changed your name from Emily to Tara."

"Oh god, no, it can't be him," Tara shook her head and Neil was looking between the two women, seemingly conflicted on whether to comfort his fiancée or still be angry at her.

Katsumoto suddenly let out a loud curse and Yasmin swore she could hear him step on the gas pedal through the phone. "Just figured out what Magnum was talking about: unsolved robbery-homicide, the son of a jewellery store owner was killed interrupting an burglary, suspect was seen fleeing the scene from a homeless man identified by a tattoo on their right hand."

Neil walked over to Tara and lifted her right hand, where there was clear scarring. Yasmin winced. "Well, it looks like there were two suspects."

"I didn't want to do it, he made me," Tara stated, her voice pleading. "And when he killed that man, I-I was so scared that I had to run, I did everything that I could so he couldn't find me."