Coming Out

A/N: Hey all! This is for @nfmpentaholic, I'm writing these by who commented first and then going to my inbox and who messaged me first! Now, this comment was vague as it just said "How Mitch and Scott came out" but it didnt specify who they came out to...

This is what I did with it!! Enjoy :3

Scott ran to Mitch's house after school like he had been doing since the day they met. He took his usual short cut; through the trees behind his house, over Miss.Dixon's wooden fence, through her backyard, across the street, and there he was. It was the last day of April, and the sun was already shining brighter and longer than it usually did in March when everything was grey. Scott looked around, taking a breath of fresh air, and looking up at the clear blue sky. He could smell the inside of Mitch's house through the front door, his house smelled like old furniture, flowery detergent, and fresh warm bread. Scott couldn't quite place it, but Mitch's home just gave him a sense of comfort and safety.

He smiled softly before walking in without knocking, and climbing down the stairs to his room in the beautifully furnished basement. He never announced himself when going to see Mitch, his family always expected Scott to come over at exactly five fifteen on week days; because he always did that.

Scott scurried down the steps but stopped at the landing nestled in the corner of the wall, only three steps left before he was on the floor. He didn't see Mitch doing his homework, he didn't hear soft hipster music he's never heard of, he didn't even feel Mitch fill the room with nothing but his personality. Instead, he saw Mitch sat on his bed, reading silently. Scott wouldn't normally be surprised or concerned, but Mitch wasn't smiling; he wasn't reading for pleasure. Mitch was reading The Catcher in the Rye, a book his teacher assigned to his class. Mitch seemed uncomfortable and anxious, and he hadn't even spoken yet.

"...Mitch? What's up?" Scott spoke quietly, not wanting to startle Mitch. Mitch's head shot up in surprise. Scott was disappointed when he didn't see Mitch calm back down at the sight of Scott.

"Hey man," Mitch smiled, and Scott stopped in his tracks at the name. Mitch never used "dude", "bro" or anything like that with him; they were closer than that.  

"Man? What's up with the name, Mitchie?" Scott sat on Mitch's bed next to him, and wrapped his arm around his friend's shoulders. Mitch sighed and leaned into the touch, leaving Scott relieved.

"Okay," Mitch put his hands on his legs and turned to Scott, "I have something to tell you. You're not going to like it, but whatever, you have to." Mitch said with finality before taking a breath. He didn't give Scott any time to reply before he started speaking.

"You, Scott Hoying, have a gay best friend. I am like, super gay, and I don't care what you think about it." Mitch sat up straight and held his chin up, staring Scott down, as if to challenge him to say something back. He then pulled a face that Scott knew meant he was taking a second thought.

"Okay, no, I totally care what you think. I really want you to still be my friend and everything, but that's not the point." Mitch finished, slouching. Scott eyed him. Mitch didn't look nervous, sad, or even scared. He had a hint of a smile that anyone that didn't know Mitch wouldn't see. Scott saw the vulnerability, though. He saw how much this mattered to him.

"Then what is the point?" Scott asked simply, maintaining the eye contact the two had been sharing since Mitch's confession.

"...The point is nothing needs to change. I know you're straight, I'm okay with that. It's not like I'm going to jump your bones and ravish you right here," Mitch said with a wave of his hand and giggled at Scott's fake sad expression.