Chapter Thirty Three

Hermione, Luna, Ginny, and Angelina occupied the master bedroom in Draco and Hermione's house, the four of them changing out of their clothes from dinner and into more festive apparel for the evening's events. Angelina, all arms and legs as she was just as tall as George, wore nothing but a skimpy, plum colored tube dress with silver stiletto heels, the hem falling mid thigh. She's spent eight hours the day before at the salon getting her hair braided in a bunch of tiny braids just for tonight, all of them gathered up in a chic ponytail. Hermione didn't understand why she spent her time playing professional quidditch because she was convinced that Angelina could be a supermodel.

Luna changed into a shiny gold dress with a scoop neck and sparkly white pom-pom balls adorning the straps. It looked more like a stage costume than a dress one would wear in public, but when Luna put it on and slipped a matching pom-pom decorated barrette into her hair, she looked every bit herself. It even had a perfect outward flare as she gave it a test spin. Neither Angelina, Ginny, nor Hermione could quite figure out what it was with Luna that had Blaise Zabini persistently pursuing her. Hermione had the fleeting thought the other day that it was the pursuit of the chase – that he'd never met a woman who said no to him, or turned him down – and with that thought, she threatened Blaise within an inch of his life if he had intentions for Luna that didn't go past another notch on his toothpick of a bedpost. But Blaise promised Hermione that it was more than that - and that he just wanted a chance to prove it to Luna.

"Ginny - my sister wants to know your secret," Angelina said as Ginny shimmied into her red dress, turning her back to her brother's girlfriend as she zipped her up. With a strapless sweetheart top and big black buttons down the front of the dress, stopping at the wide black belt around her waist, Ginny spun around as the bottom of her skirt puffed up slightly like the top of a cupcake. "Because she's convinced her body isn't going to go back after my niece is born."

Ginny blushed a bit as she threw on a small, long sleeved black shrug while stepping into her red heels. "I wouldn't say my body is 'back,' but honestly - I just keep moving. It took me a lot longer to lose my weight with James than it did with Albus, but two kids also keeps you a bit busier."

"Your tits look fantastic in that dress," Angelina said, slightly in awe. "I'd have to pay for mine to look like that."

"Or you could just marry George already and have babies and get a pair of your own," Ginny replied.

Angelina stuttered for a moment before she managed to put together a coherent sentence. "Wait - what are you talking about?"

Ginny gave her a pointed stare. "I think you know."

Hermione stood in her closet, shaking her head as she heard the conversation between Angelina and Ginny unfold. She was honestly shocked that Ginny hadn't broached the topic sooner with Angelina. One of the things Hermione loved the most about Ginny was how straightforward she could be, and that like she was growing up - most things were black and white, right or wrong, yes or no. Hermione wasn't nearly as black and white in her thinking today as she was growing up as her experiences from sixth year forward showed her that there was a lot of grey area than she initially thought there could be. Draco wasn't as black and white as he appeared. George and Angelina's relationship wasn't as straightforward as it seemed. The two of them deeply cared for one another, brought together initially due to Fred's death, and the two waited for nearly a year and a half before dating each other. To be precise, George had proposed two Angelina twice, and both times she said she loved him, but wasn't ready. Hermione thought it was because unlike George, Angelina never found a way to properly grieve for the loss of Fred, and until she did, she would never be ready.

Deciding to save Angelina from the Spanish Inquisition that was Ginny, Hermione stepped out of her closet, bracing a hand on the doorframe that connected the bedroom to the walk through closets and master bathroom while slipping into a pair of glittery ruby red platform heels. She wore black tights and sleeveless, silver sequined tunic that had a deep v-neck and was rather fitted, falling just past her bottom. "Is this ok?" she asked, seeking the opinion of the three women in the room.