𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝟐

"Rise and Shine sleepy heads!" an energetic female voice rang out as she busted inside the room, not caring about the consequences. Her eyes scanned for two certain individuals, who she assumed were still having their beauty sleep.

On the left side of the wall, a groan of annoyance responded to her as they covered their head with a pillow. Enid grinned, making her way toward her crus- friend.

"Get your butt up, Ajax. Time to start the day!" Enid said out loud.

Ajax grumbled in response, his pillow muffling his voice."5 more minutes..."

"Nope, not this time." grabbing the pillow by the sides, she yanked it away, quirking an eyebrow along the way. "You sleep with your beanie?"

Ajax rolled his eyes. "I wonder why... Oh right, I'm a gorgon!"

The blue-eyed student giggle at his retort. "Get up now. We have classes to attend."

"Great... This wasn't how I wanted to start my day." Ajax mumbled.

"Not a good time to get stoned, Ajax." the werewolf student suggested, grabbing a blazer and the traditional uniform from the drawer and throwing it at him.

"Man... I don't get why Y/n doesn't get the same treatment as me."

"Oh, right. Y/n!" Enid exclaimed, turning around to disturb the other sleeping student, only to quirk an eyebrow. There wasn't a presence there - only a clean neat bed.

"Where's Y/n?"

"On his bed." the gorgon yawned, trying to get the strength to sit up.

"He's not there."

Ajax slowly directed his attention to the empty bed, squinting his eyes in the process. "He's not there."

"That's what I just said," Enid observed. "Any clue where he went?"

"Weird. I'm actually unsure of where he is." Ajax was befuddled as her. He hasn't seen Y/n since last night after he went out to the Quad. The Gorgon was aware something was bothering his roommate; the occurrence was daily.

"I shouldn't be surprised by his disappearance at this point," Enid remarked, but a hint of interest in her tone.

The werewolf student was always intrigued by Y/n's disappearances in the early mornings. Did it cause curiosity? Of course. Enid would consider herself an early bird, always being up before most of the students, even teachers. Yet, whenever she barged into the room, Ajax was always the one alone.

Interesting.

"You think he fell asleep outside?" Enid queried.

"Not that I'm aware of."

A sudden nonchalant voice rang out from the entrance of the room, causing both of the nevermore students to jump in surprise. Turning to the source of the voice, their gaze was met with Y/n's bored one.

Enid happily skipped to her friend. "Morning, Y/n. How did you sleep?" she chirped.

"Fantastic."

"Awesome enthusiasm, bro," Ajax called out, struggling to put on his uniform without messing up his beanie.

Ignoring his remark, Enid took a brief time to stare at Y/n's appearance. Unlike everyone else at the school who wore the indigo-striped blazer with the yellow and purple nevermore crest featured on the left chest pocket of each blazer. His was all black.

Almost everyone wore a muted purple or gray sweater vest over a white dress shirt and a black or indigo tie. But, the stoic student was the only student to wear all black. A color Enid thought was bland.