𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝟗

It was silent.

Then again, when wasn't it soundless?

How long has he been here? How long has he probed at the same four walls?

Walls that he knew were a sham - enclosure that dissimulated to not gaze at him.

Yet, he knew they were there to eye him.

To remind him.

Y/n could still hear the voices in the inaudible barrier around him. He knew they were back to visit him. He could feel them close to him, the sense of incorrectness that blight the air around him.

It left a bitter taste in his mouth - a tribulation in his head.

A desolation sentiment to disseminate to everyone and everywhere, including him.

"Reason."

He closed his eyes and felt everything shift around him.

"Give us a reason for leaving us."

It spoke, the sound came from nowhere, yet it still filled his ears.

"Why did you leave us, Y/n?"

The e/c colored male found no motive to respond. There was no reason behind it, no semblance of an objective or destination regarding his reason to respond.

"I- no, WE waited for you... To be saved."

The desperation in its voice was laced with strident - yet it didn't garner the predilection of sorrow from Y/n. The male merely ignored the voice as he did in the past since he knew it was impotent to retort.

"You decided to go with him. To leave us deserted."

Y/n merely laid back on his bed, eyes shut, and his mind invaded. He could feel it approach him - the apparition stared at him - unblinking and unwavering.

This was a reoccurring pattern for him. A criterion to determine when he will respond to it again. Even if he did respond, his answers would fall on deaf ears while the agony of not being able to talk to them would wash over him.

"Let us speak again, Y/n..."

Anguish is now long gone whereas the repercussion was left behind.

"Answer us."

But there wasn't a reply from the monotone male - only silence was his response to the apparition. A long time ago, he would have been exultant to see them, let alone hear them anew.

Yet, that was a long time ago.

A time when he had his jejune mind of this world.

"Still neglecting our words..."

His chest slowly rose and fell, a procedure he acquired in the past to tranquil his ail. Y/n's eyes remained closed - as his ears bide impenetrable from the booming dejecting call.

"I see now..."

Y/n perceived it will eventually leave as it always did in the past.

"You still wish to be that."

Even though it will vacate.

"A traitor."

The words will reinstitute and linger in his head until they appear again...

——————————————————

Wednesday felt dubious at the scene in front of her - a feeling once again marking its presence. Her mind, bewildered as she, was inadequate to find an answer to the situation she's in right now.