A Sad Loss

So... this was actually the second fanfic I've ever started. But over time, I had other stories which I put higher priority in than this story. That was why I haven't bothered to copy and paste it over until now. But as I'm revisiting to work on this story again, I've copied and pasted it over from Fanfiction.net. Updates to the story may be slow, but I hope you enjoy what's here for the moment :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
It's been 2 decades since Sabre sacrificed himself to restart the loop. Steve technology had come a long way. Each kingdom in the overworld had their own core, and the term kingdom... they're now gigantic cities, with tall skyscrapers and wide apartment buildings. In recent times, steves had moved their focus onto space exploration. This meant unknown threats, and this meant having to relearn old abilities their ancestors had. Only the most trusted steves had begun receiving training to relearn how to use fireballs and lightning as attacks. Even then, the dangers of space are still unknown to stevekind. The people who had the powers to traverse between worlds are long gone...

Still, this didn't deter the chromatics to venture beyond their world. The overworld has been searched, and discovered many ancient relics which were once lost to time. The next frontier to explore was space. All of this knowledge, technology and development wouldn't of been possible without the knowledge of a particular red steve. His contribution to the development of the steves can't go uncredited. His technology, his unchallenged knowledge of advanced redstone technology, had changed the way of the steves. He was the one who pushed and pushed to explore space, but he will sadly never get to see his dreams come to fruition.
-----------------------------------------------------------
(Outside the laboratory in the Red Kingdom)

There are many buildings that tower over the old buildings, but the old ones have been kept, to remember their history. The laboratory still looked the same it did 20 years ago though, the only changes being a few maintenance works. Outside is M, the Red Leader in his leader outfit, who is standing at a dark oak stand, 2 blocks tall. There, his apprentice stood to the left of him, who is called Nice Red Steve, N for short, who was wearing the same cloak M used to wear when he was once an apprentice. Assistant Steve stood to M's right. Others who knew this steve personally also attended, such as the other leaders, Light Steve and Yellow Steve with the leather chestplate, all of them sat on chairs. This steve they knew so well and grown close to was in a 2 block long coffin, made of dark oak, which had red edges. The edges were originally gold, but it was requested by the steve, whilst on their deathbed, to change the edges to solid redstone. They are hosting a funeral for this Red Steve.

"H... hello... w... we..." M was struggling to speak, tears constantly interrupting when he was using his voices. He and this Red Steve had their quarrels, but still were good friends. Meanwhile, Assistant Steve gave M a few pieces of paper, for him to wipe his eyes with. The others were crying too. It was always sad to see a steve pass on. But this steve, they knew personally, and this lose hit them all very hard, clenching their hearts. The Blue Leader, although in control of the world beyond, still didn't know if they would see this Red Steve again. Steves in the world beyond have to choice to show themselves, and if they wish not to, that's their choice.

"We... we today... we today are here, t... to honour the man... who's lose is a... a t... tragedy, not because he's smart, but b... bec... because he was friend-" M's tears became uncontrollable, but continues speaking.

"H... he may be gone... b... but he died peacefully of old age, in his bed, and is now at peace... in the world beyond." M finishes his opening speech, whilst constantly wiping his eyes.

"This man, has done a lot for the steves, sharing his intellect for the greater good. But he hasn't just done a lot for the steves, he was sincere and kind. He may of at times been crazy, he may of had an obsession over salmon, but he was a good man at heart. He has devoted his whole life to science, and discovered so much about the uses redstone offers. From his young years to the years he had to use a wheelchair, from his wheelchair to his last destination in the overworld, he never stopped his work. He has always paved the way for our future development. What the Professor has done for the steves won't be forgotten. If you all would like to come up, and say what your most fond... or and funny moments, you are more than welcome to. If you wish to stay, that's also okay, he would understand." With that, M stepped away from to dark oak stand. N is the first to step up at the podium.