Using The Secret Weapon

Physicist Red Steve and Assistant Steve are in the elevator inside the hill, the one that leads to the core room. The interior of the elevator hasn't changed much, other than a floor indicator being implemented. The surface level comes up as SL, 'surface level', on the indicator, and the core room comes up as CR, 'core room', on the indicator. Assistant Steve had already closed the doors. He presses the down button not once, but twice.

"Why did you press the button Assistant? This elevator only serves two floors," Physicist Red Steve inquired.

"It has been kept a secret for a long time. This elevator actually serves three floors," Assistant Steve replied, then goes on to further elaborate on it.

"The bottom level is where the secret weapon the Professor made, is held. Hopefully, it will hopefully neutralize whatever is causing the long tentacles coming out of the moon," The robot further explained.

"Good, and then we can send people there to examine what's causing it. There may be unknown science behind it, or there could actually be such thing as Moon Steves," Physicist Red Steve replied while nodding.
-----------------------------------------------------------
(Minutes later)

"We've been going down in the elevator forever. How long until we are there?" Physicist Red Steve asked.

"Not too long, but the floor is far below ground as the weapon systems are large down there," Assistant Steve replied.

The indicator changes from CR to WR, 'weapon room'. The elevator then stops, and the door starts to open. Outside the elevator is a dark silver iron block hallway that's only 3 blocks tall and 5 blocks wide, as well as the Blackstone button to call the elevator. At each end are cylinder lights, the only light source, powered by the core on the floor above. At the end is a 3 by 3 netherite door, with a block-sized diamond scanner to it's right, barely visible at a distance of 200 blocks. Physicist Red Steve and Assistant Steve walks down the hallway, meanwhile the elevator doors close behind them.

"How uh... how deep is this place?" Physicist Red Steve asked.

"I'll put it like this. If the core was to blow up, this place would not only survive, but would also not be contaminated," Assistant Steve replied.

"Okay... so like... hundreds of blocks deep?" Physicist Red Steve inquired further.

"Thousands of blocks deep," Assistant Steve corrected.

"Ah..." Physicist Red Steve nodded.

They continue walking down the hallway, all the way to the 3 by 3 netherite door. Assistant Steve gets in front of the scanner. The 3 by 3 door opens. Physicist Red Steve gasps at the thickness of the door, a 12 block thick 3 by 3 netherite door to be exact. They walk through the thick netherite door, into the room behind it. The room appears to be a massively oversized square-shaped silo, about 50 blocks wide. All 4 sides are made of glass, with mini redstone cores, the same design as the one in the lab, stacked on top of each other.

"Behold... the five hundred petawatt lazer," Assistant Steve presented, turning around, having his back facing the weapon and his eyes facing Physicist Red Steve.

The lazer is 10 blocks wide and 50 blocks long. It is vertically standing up. The weapon's colour is red, and looks like a massively oversized whisk, with a very thick, black cylinder in the middle.

"Thought the weapon would be as simple as a salmon. This thing looks absolutely crazy," Physicist Red Steve gazes in shock and awe by the weapon.

"This weapon is a prototype. The blueprints to make a fully functional lazer would've been able to produce over a thousand petawatts. But as I said before, the project was abandoned, and this took years of work to make a single prototype alone. To make this solo required the Professor, me, and more Assistant Steves to make, which took over a year as well. We will have to make do with this prototype, as we simply won't have time to make the final design, before the moon's tentacles reach the overworld," Assistant Steve gives a debrief about the weapon's creation.