𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭.

"you didn't really have to skip school just to hang out with me right?"

the two teenagers just finished eating their lunch at some random food chain, y/n being the one to choose where to eat this time since baji kept telling her that there's food at home.

the raven-haired male did indeed skip school- wanting to roam around the city while they try and look for thugs to torment.

could you really blame the boy when he clearly just wanted to hang out with his dear old friend?

"i had someone take down the notes for me."

"auntie would get mad at you if she finds out though." the (h/c) haired female snickered at the look that he had on his face, kind of reminding her of someone who's having constipation.

oh, baji keisuke was well aware of that fact- he is going to school to make her proud, but it wouldn't hurt to be selfish for a couple of days.

"it'll be fine. hey, wanna go to the arcade and see if i can get you that plushie you always wanted?" y/n looked at him weirdly, narrowing her eyes at him as the raven-haired male lead them towards the direction of the mall.

"that was like- a long time ago though?" he simply shrugged at this, walking beside her as his aura intimidated the others who crossed their paths.

the (h/c) haired female side-eyed him, a small smile etching itself onto her face as she gladly walked beside him. no matter where they go, it's sure to be interesting since baji was with her.

this was always their dynamic- even simple tasks like grocery shopping turns into chaos just because the two were sent together.

silence dawned upon the two of them, their footsteps getting drowned out by the cars driving past them.

it was at times like these that y/n learned to appreciate that it doesn't matter whether or not baji was running his mouth on senseless things- because his presence alone was enough for her.

but on this particular day, she could feel that something was bothering him- seeing as he was absentmindedly fiddling with the ends of his school blazer and tugging on his necktie like it was suffocating him.

the (h/c) haired female knew better than to force him to tell her what's going on inside that mind of his- and just nudged at him with a light-hearted smile on her face.

"hey, what surprise are you planning for the first?"

this successfully snapped him out of his trance, looking at her with furrowed brows while the female merely shrugged at this.

"why'd you wanna know? you always choose treat so what's the catch?"

it was true that she always chooses that option- but it was because every year she hopes that he'd finally give her a treat other than trick that would always make her wonder if he was even sane or not.

y/n sighed, knowing that it was useless to even hope that he'd change options this year.

"forget about it- just don't do what you did again last year. who in their right minds would put a dead rat on a box?"

"me."

there is definitely wrong with his mentality- but so does she.

the two continued their way towards the mall, occasionally bumping at each other or just straight up almost tripping because some random rock decided to place itself on the middle of the sidewalk.

a sudden ring from baji's phone took their attention, y/n moving slightly to the side to give the male some privacy to answer his call.

dark eyes looked at his phone with a glare, noticing the contact name that made him scowl in annoyance.