15

„What do you mean by that?" he asked while turning around.
„Don't make me repeat myself." I stated

"The number one rule in this world is to not get attached- yet you still did." he said
"I did not. I just don't want to keep playing games with you."

He tilts his head when he sees the anger flaming behind my eyes.

"It's a good idea to try and hide your feelings, but you're just really bad it." he snickered

"I'm leaving." I growled ready to walk past him to get to the exit but he grabbed my wrist.

"Let go of me." I say angrily while try to get going.

"Murasaki." his voice was soft almost at he was pleading me to stop.

I look into his eyes and stopped my movements at once.

"Let's not leave each other on bad terms, if you want to leave then that's your decision. I'm not going to stop you. But this could be the last time we see each other."

My lungs tightened and I couldn't bring myself to response.

His words were meaning full yet he almost showed no emotions on his face. The only way I know he was human was the warmth streaming from his hand around my wrist.

And I did as he said, 'I do not get attached'.

-

I just want a sign that the rest is still alive, after splitting with Chishiya some days ago I walk around in Tokyo.

All I see are streets, covert in dead body's this king of spare game is a big thing huh.

My food I found starts to run out and the less are people alive, the scarier it gets.

Instead of keep walking around in Tokyo it self I go into the woods which is like a circle around Tokyo.

The buildings and streets get covered with grass and dead body start to decompose.

-

"I didn't though you would make it so far" I hear from behind me.

I don't need to turn around to know that Aguni is behind me.

"Well I didn't though you would make it out of the beach. I guess we both underestimated each other."

I hear a laugh from behind me and finally turn around to see Aguni with a girl.

She has a bow and that sceptical look on her face.

"What did I even though, after I saw Arisu-"

I cut him off.
"You saw Arisu? He's alive?"

"He was alive the last time I saw him which was hours ago, but he wasn't trying to find you. He was trying to find his little friend Usagi."

Of course he was.

Before I could answer Aguni fell to the ground.
The girl dropped her things and sat on the ground next to him.

"What happened?" I asked while walking towards them.

"He hit his head while fighting against the king of spares. He isn't fully recovered." the girl answers

"How many times does he have left on his visa?" I asked
"Enough."

"What about you?" I asked her and she finally looked up at me.
I can see her gulp before she answers:"I'm fine as well, just leave."

She looked down again and I know that she just lied.
She's way younger then I am. Maybe 18? Definitely still a school girl.

"You're friends?" I asked and she just nod her head.

"Then come with me."
"I can't leave him here alone." she stated

"He's going to survive, we need to move on and win the games- together."
"Together? I don't even know you!" she says almost angrily.

I can't believe Aguni found someone who genuinely cares for him. How is it fair that she gets attached and he does not shares the same emotions- or does he?

Maybe I'm just hurt that I told Chishiya that I care for him and he didn't really responded to it.

Or maybe I just want to protect her so she doesn't ends up dead and alone.

Is it even allowed to feel this way in a world so ruthless like this one.

"Maybe you're right. We don't know each other but you want to help Aguni right? The only way in doing this is to win the games and get him home."

Short ass chapter but my physical health is literally at it lowest :/ So I had a lot of doctor appointments in the last few days.
I have free for a few days so I'm going to upload the next chapter tomorrow and it's going to be way better + longer 🫶🏻🫶🏻