12

We were standing in the middle of the street, trash flying around us.
While everyone looked around searching for the new game arenas my eyes were on the grey haired guy.

It's not easy to read him, he never shows emotions and when he speaks he does it with thinking everything through so he doesn't reveals his feelings.

He's a mystery to me.
But since that one event where he did revealed himself I can't help but think about his real self.

I came back to reality as soon as cars pulled up, beach people leaved the cars and I didn't actually thought so many were still alive.

Arisu started a conversation with one of the beach people but not long into the conversation the guy was shot.
He dropped dead to the ground and everyone needed a moment to register what happened.

People started screaming as more people dropped to the ground.
A riffle.

Arisu was focused on the body in front of him blood covered his face.

„Arisu we need to leave, NOW." I scream pulling at his arm.
Only after we took some steps where I mostly dragged him behind me he comes back to his senses.

„The game started." He whispered, the shots where so loud I could barely hear him.

I turned around looking at our other friend running away too.

„Chishiya for god sake! Take your hands out of your pockets!" I screamed at him.
I caught the attention from him and our friends and together we hid behind some stone thing.

„What are we doing?" Usagi asked.
„No idea but he's almost here and we need to hurry." Arisu answers while panicking.

„We need to split, that way he's not going to track us down." I suggested.

Instead of wasting more time we ran.
But it seems like I'm the only one understanding the meaning of splitting up because Kuina and Chishiya ran in one direction and Arisu and Usagi ran in one.

-

The sun starts going down by now while I look through one of the windows in an apartment near the street we split.
I haven't seen my friends in hours.

A few minutes after the shooting started an airship wit the card king of spades showed up and a few hours later all the face cards with airships showed up all over Tokyo.

I thought about going to some game after one of the airships already exploded but I thought that they would maybe come back- search for me- maybe turn around dead body's to see if it's me.

But no one came and I shouldn't care about them I only knew them for a few days.

I shouldn't have forgotten my rule number one, don't make friends they are going to die anyways.

And so I move on, I take one last look around to see the jack of hearts card lighting up and leave the apartment.

-

I walk up to the gate, „Prison" written on the wall.
Instead of thinking it through knowing I have some time left on my visa I step inside the building.

I walk up to the desk, no phones...

Put on a collar and go upstairs to the central guardroom"

I put on the collar and did what stand on the sign.
I look around the circle of people but one person catched my eye, white-greyish hoodie.

Chishiya.

He looks up and locks eyes with me, a smirk playing on his lips.

Game: Jack of hearts. Guess the card symbol that appears on the back of your collar....."

A game where you need to trust another person.

I walk over to Chishiya.
„I didn't thought you survived." He said not looking at me.
„Naww, were you worried." I answered sarcastically which causes him to scoff.

„So you know each other then this game is no problem for you, for sure." the guy with a bright yellow T-shirt says from next to us.

„I would rather trust you then him and I've never talked to you before." I said smiling at him.
His eyes widened and he took a step away from Chishiya and one in my direction.

„Don't play games Murasaki I thought after the act we completed we can trust each other." he said tilting his head.
I scoffed, shaking my head before a group of people started asking us to join.

I accepted on an instant not daring to fall for Chishiya again and this time really losing my life.